Samsung officially rolled out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware (dubbed as XXDMG6) for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 as the first users from France have received the first notifications. I’m talking about the 3G users of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (model number P3100) which should receive the JB 4.2.2 OTA anytime now. But, do note that since this is the official release, the Android 4.2.2 software will come in phases as the update is being launched gradually. If you want to rush things up, then skip the waiting, and learn how to manually install the JB 4.2.2 XXDMG6 OS on your Tab 2 7.0 3G model.
Do note first that we are dealing with the official Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update that can be installed on the Tab 2 7.0 as since now only custom ROMs were available for the mentioned device. The update brings the latest features, apps and capabilities for your Android based tablet, though we are not dealing with a major improvement as the Tab 2 is currently running on Android 4.1 system. Anyway, all of us are waiting for the Android 4.3 firmware though there are no words related to a future release of the same – for the Tab 2 as the software is already available for several devices.
Then, it should be clear for you that this tutorial will manually take you through the installation procedure of the Android 4.2.2 JB XXDMG6 OS. The manual method should be applied if the 3G Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is rooted (on rooted handsets the OTA releases can’t be received or installed) or if you can’t wait until the OTA embraces your tablet. Also, if your device is powered by a custom ROM now you will be able to restore the default Android OS, which means that you will also restore the warranty back – when rooting and updating with custom ROMs the warranty gets void, so now you will be able to revert.
Unfortunately if your tablet is currently rooted, now after applying the JB XXDMG6 firmware, the root access will be revoked, so you will have to re-root your Tab 2 7.0 afterwards by following a new guide suitable with the new version of the Android platform. Don’t worry though as this tutorial is compatible with both rooted and locked devices.
Even though a stock software will be flashed on your Tab, before starting the proper guide backup your data, personal info and accounts. In some cases the data gets corrupted or even wiped out, meaning that you can lose everything that’s saved on the storage memory. So, for avoiding the unpleasant situations, I recommend you to take your time for completing a full backup. If you’re on a rooted tablet with CWM recovery, use the same and save the current ROM too.
Make sure that you can use a computer, on which you will have to install Odin (more details about this will be offered a little bit later). The JB 4.2.2 ROM will be installed via Odin, so you have nothing to worry about – Odin is an official tool developed and offered by Samsung. Since you will use Odin, your tablet and its USB cable are also required. The XXDMG6 package will be downloaded on your computer, so the security protection must be temporarily deactivated – deactivate the antivirus, antimalware and Firewall protection. You will have to connect your Tab 2 7.0 with the PC so from Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Developer Options tap on USB debugging for enabling the same. Finally, make sure that your tablet has enough battery life (more than 60%) or else your device will get turned off in the middle of the flashing process.
Also, remember that this guide is compatible only with the 3G model of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, which is model number P3100. Installing the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXDMG6 on a different handset will probably brick your Android powered device.
- Odin can be properly used only if your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 drivers are being installed on your computer. If the drivers are not there, get them manually or use Samsung KIES.
- Download Odin on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your PC and install the same.
- Also, run Odin on your computer.
- Finally, go here and obtain the Jelly Bean four.2.2 file.
- Location the file on laptop and on the identical position unzip the package deal.
- Enter the Tab 2 in obtain mode.
- For obtain mode first flip off your handset; wait a number of seconds after which press on Energy, Quantity Down and Residence buttons on the similar time.
- Join your tool with the pc by the use of USB cable.
- Odin will acknowledge your pill and on this system you’ll see the “delivered” message displayed and the ID:COM part blue or yellow.
- If now not, get to the bottom of the issues via reinstalling the drivers on the pc.
- From Odin click on on the choice named “PDA”.
- Decide the replace file out of your laptop.
- The re-partition part and the f. reset time field must be unchecked.
- Click on on “begin”.
- The XXDMG6 Firmware will now be put in.
- Finally on Odin the ID:COM part can be inexperienced and the “cross” message will probably be displayed.
- Then, it is possible for you to to unplug the USB cable; additionally reboot your instrument.
Congratulations you could have manually up to date your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.zero – 3G variant of the pill – to reliable Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean XXDMG6 OS. The firmware comes with the newest options and apps so check the identical so as to see the enhancements. Additionally, return right here and resume your conclusions with us and keep shut as extra step-by-step information will probably be developed on your Android based totally pill.