CyanogenMod team finished the work on the CM 10.1.2 Stable build and has released the custom ROM now for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note phone. Use the instructions that I have listed in this post in order to learn how to successfully update your phablet with the latest stable version of CM 10.1.2. Use this tutorial only if you’re an advanced Android user who wants to test one of the best custom ROMs currently available for their phones.
If you want to successfully install the new CyanogenMod 10.1.2 for your device, then you will first need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post with the T-Mobile variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note device.
- Do not attempt to flash the files you find here on any other Android device, as that will brick it.
- Your TMO Galaxy Note should be rooted and it should feature a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP. Also, it should be factory unlocked.
- The tutorial guide will ask you to ‘factory reset’ the phone, which is why you should know that all installed apps data, SMS and other similar data stored on the system partition will be wiped.
- The contents stored on your device’s internal and external SD card won’t be affected by this installation and you won’t lose any data.
- If you want to backup installed apps data, then you should use the Titanium Backup app.
- In order to backup SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings use the following apps for Android: SMS backup & restore reserve it in your pc with out extracting its contents.
- Join the phablet to your PC after which reproduction each zip recordsdata to your software’s inside SDcard.
- Disconnect the Galaxy Word from laptop when the information are copied efficiently. Just remember to needless to say the place you’ve situation them.
- Energy off your software now.
- Boot the cellphone into Customized Restoration Mode now.
- While you’re on the primary Restoration menu you must create a NANDROID backup of the ROM that’s at the moment put in to your Galaxy Word T-Cellular:
> for CWM Restoration: make a choice ‘backup and fix’ after which create the backup file.
> for TWRP Restoration: press Backup, make a selection the gadget elements you need to backup, then ascertain the method.
- Subsequent, observe ‘manufacturing unit reset’:
> CWM Restoration: choose ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’, then verify.
> TWRP Restoration: press Wipe, then Manufacturing facility Reset. Ascertain.
- Now you could set up the brand new CyanogenMod 10.1.2 Steady ROM:
> CWM Restoration: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’. In finding the CM 10.1.2 Secure zip and make sure that you just are looking to flash it.
> TWRP Restoration: press the Set up button, then browse the inner SDcard for the CM 10.1.2 Secure zip file. Verify the set up via sliding the blue button listed on the backside of the display.
- After the ROM is put in, repeat the identical moves as in step 9 to put in the Gapps zip too.
- When each information are efficiently put in, return to the principle Customized Restoration display.
- Reboot your smartphone now into commonplace mode.
- The primary boot strategy of CM 10.1.2 ROM will take a couple of minutes to load all information. Whilst you see the house reveal, enter your Google Account important points and take regulate over your software’s new ROM.
These had been all of the steps that you just needed to take as a way to efficiently replace your smartphone. For those who can not full the replace, you then will have to ask for extra assist in feedback. Additionally, you could attempt to repeat the whole tutorial as soon as once more as regularly these form of ROMs may no longer all the time set up at your first try.
If you don’t like how this new CM 10.1.2 Secure ROM construct works along with your smartphone, then you need to use the NANDROID backup file created in step 7. For every other questions, use the feedback container under. We can attempt to provide you with an answer on your issues.