Samsung has pushed out the official XXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 OTA Update for the Galayx S2 Plus in Germany. This guide is destined for users from other countries that are still waiting for the official update notification to arrive. This is a guide that will restore warranty for devices that are currently rooted as you will simply need to flash it with Odin, but not that devices running custom ROMs will be completely wiped in the process.
Android 4.2.2 XXUBMG8 firmware update brings multiple improvements and tweaks that should enhance your Jelly Bean experience. More info about the added features can be found in this news article here. In order to correctly install this new update read the guidelines below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus international variant with the I9105P.
- Do not attempt to flash the OTA Update zip file on the original Galaxy S2 I9100 device, as you will end up bricking.
- If your phone is running stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean then no data will be lost in the updating process, while the phones running custom ROMs will be wiped by the update.
- If your device is rooted but running stock ROM, then the root access will be revoked but your data will remain intact.
- Before starting the update you should make sure that your computer has the Samsung USB Drivers installed. If yours doesn’t then you can download them from here.
- Backup some of your most important files before starting the update.
- Disable the Samsung KIES program from running on your computer.
- Disable any antivirus apps before starting the update. Such apps will interfere with the updating process and you won’t be able to install the XXUBMG8 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM.
- Odin is the program that you will use to update your device.
- Enable USB debugging option from the Developer Options menu.
> if Developer Options doesn’t appear in the Settings screen, then you need to enable it: open About Phone and then scroll down to Build Number, tap on this section 7 times.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S2 Plus battery charge levels are over 50%, so that it won’t switch off while you’re flashing the update.
- Read the entire post before starting the update and make sure not to skip any steps listed in the tutorial.
- This is a tutorial that should be applied by advanced users who know how to use Odin app.
- Do not blame us in case you brick the Galaxy S2 Plus nor in case any important data files are wiped in the process.
- If you’re having problems with the updating process, then you should ask for more help in comments and we will make sure to offer you a viable solution that should allow you to complete the update.
These were all the preparation guidelines you had to go over before continuing to the next part of this post.
- Download the I9105PXXUBMG8 Firmware OTA zip from here.
> when the file is downloaded completely, extract its contents and you will get a ‘I9105PXXUBMG8_I9105POXABMG8_DBT.tar.md5‘ file.
> do not extract any further than that.
- Download Odin3 v3.07 from here.
> extract Odin contents and location all information right into a single folder.
- Energy off your smartphone now.
- Boot the Galaxy S2 Plus into Android Obtain Mode.
> it may be completed by using urgent and protecting on the similar time Quantity Down, Dwelling and Energy buttons.
> unlock the buttons when the warning reveal seems, press Extent As much as ascertain that you need as well your software into Obtain Mode.
- Open Odin3 v3.07 exe for your pc.
- Use the USB information cable to attach your cellphone together with your PC.
> look forward to ODIN to assert that the Galaxy S2 Plus has been ‘brought!!’.
> if the affirmation message doesn’t seem, then you definitely will have to attempt to plug the USB cable in some other USB port or re-set up the Samsung USB Drivers – a obtain hyperlink is listed within the practise information above.
- If the whole thing is about you then will have to return to ODIN window, press the PDA button.
- Now browse your laptop for the I9105PXXUBMG8_I9105POXABMG8_DBT.tar.md5. Load it into ODIN.
> don’t exchange some other default choices of ODIN.
> additionally, guarantee that the Re-Partition possibility is disabled.
- When prepared which you can click on the START button for the updating course of to start.
> Look ahead to the updating course of to finish, it shouldn’t take greater than 5 minutes.
- In any case recordsdata are put in, your Galaxy S2 Plus will reboot and whilst you see the Samsung boot animation, unplug the telephone from PC.
- Look forward to the instrument as well into customary mode, then enter you Google Account important points as a way to take keep watch over over your tool as soon as once more.
- Take a look at the entire new options and experience the use of the Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean professional OTA firmware.
I’m hoping that you simply’ve managed to finish the replace. Check the brand new firmware widely in the following couple of days and spot if the battery existence has been more suitable. Customise the house display and set up a brand new residence launcher for extra dwelling display customization choices. Use the feedback part when you’ve got another questions concerning the Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean OTA Replace for Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P.
When you didn’t be able to replace the instrument, then you definately must learn the notes beneath and you may discover a resolution that can assist you set up all information and pressure your tool besides into customary mode.
NOTE 1: In case ODIN didn’t full the replace, it displays the ‘FAIL’ alert or it iced over whereas putting in the brand new information, then you definitely must disconnect the software from pc. After that you simply will have to shut ODIN, do away with the cellphone’s battery and re-insert it after 5 seconds have handed. Now it’s important to repeat your entire tutorial as soon as once more and ensure to not skip any steps. For extra lend a hand submit an in depth remark on the finish of this submit.
NOTE 2: If ODIN says that the set up has handed, however the Galaxy S2 Plus will get caught on the Samsung boot animation reveal, then it is important to boot in Inventory Restoration Mode and observe a manufacturing facility reset. This course of will put off all contents out of your device partition, however it’ll pressure your tool besides the respectable Android four.2.2 XXUBMG8 firmware in standard mode. Right here’s how to do this:
- Energy off your smartphone utterly.
- Press and hang concurrently Quantity Up, House and Energy.
- Unlock the buttons when the monitor sparkles and the Inventory Restoration Mode seems.
> if the restoration mode doesn’t boot then you definitely will have to maintain looking to repeat the ‘press and cling buttons’ motion unless it really works.
- Now, make a choice ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’ possibility.
- Return to the primary restoration display when the manufacturing unit reset is full.
- Make a choice ‘reboot device now’.
- Wait a few minutes for the boot to complete and you are going to be finished.