The Sony Xperia SP is a mid-vary Android powered smartphone that incorporates first rate although no longer spectacular specs and contours. Anyway, the tool is taking a look excellent, the design being its power. So, if you’re no longer glad through your telephone’s performances or if you wish to fortify the speeds, improve the battery lifestyles or customise the Android firmware, then you definitely will have to discover ways to root your Sony Xperia SP. A one click on root approach has been made to be had to your handset (we will have to thanks the xda-builders crew for a similar and for the current step-by-step information) which means that that all through the next traces I’ll express you the right way to use the identical for gaining root get entry to in your SP.
As talked about the smartphone comes with a really perfect design, a typical facet when speaking about Sony handsets. That’s why, despite the fact that the specs and contours are best mid-vary, the Xperia SP is rather widespread amongst international Android customers. The very best is that once having a smartphone that you could make customization and optimization approaches for bettering the performances and for bumping the speeds, all being proper underneath your nostril.
When speaking about enhancements you will have to imagine the next strategies: updating with a customized ROM firmware, the use of a customized restoration picture, putting in a customized kernel, flashing complicated apps and instruments and overclocking the CPU. Well, all these operations are somehow linked. For being able to apply the tasks you first have to gain root access for removing the factory restrictions and default settings thus for unlocking and unchaining your Android device.
So, in order to conclude, you need to root your Xperia SP if you want to apply a custom or unofficial port of the Android OS (Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and soon Jelly Bean 4.3), replace the stock recovery with CWM or TWRP recovery, or perform other custom and complex operations on your device.
As you can tell, the root process is not official so this tutorial has nothing to do with Sony or with Google. That’s why by using the one-click root tool you will void the Xperia SP warranty. Because of that if something bad happens (follow the guidelines from this guide if you want to avoid the unpleasant situations) you will be by yourselves; in worst scenario, you can end up in bricking your smartphone so be careful and try not to mess things up.
Afterwards you will be able to restore the lost warranty of your SP though for doing that you will have to revoke the root access and relock the bootloader. You can do all that by downgrading to stock Android OS or by updating with an official version of the Android firmware. Don’t forget that the OTA releases will not be received by your handset because the official updates can’t be flashed on rooted devices – you can apply the same only by following manual procedures.
The best about this guide is that it can be applied on both locked and unlocked bootloader Sony Xperia SP. Usually the root access can be gained only on unlocked bootloader, but thanks to the one-click root tool provided by those of xda-developers now you can root your SP that has a locked bootloader too (anyway you can learn how to unlock the Xperia SP bootloader by using our suitable tutorial).
Before starting the root operation you should consider in preparing your phone and you should also apply the pre requisites. I have explained and mentioned the same during the list from below, so don’t skip this section as it is the most relevant one.
- Backup the data that is saved on the internal storage memory of your device. The data might get corrupted or even wiped out during the root operation. Don’t worry, the data that is stored on the SD card will not be affected.
- A computer, your smartphone and its USB cable will be required. You will use the computer for saving and installing the one-click root tool and then you will have to connect your phone with the computer via USB cable.
- Because of that, on your SP enable the USB debugging option (go to “Settings -> More -> Development Options -> USB debugging”) and the Unknown Sources option (go to “Settings -> Security”).
- Also since the root operation is a complex one, you should ensure that everything will go as planned; so for avoiding the unpleasant situations, charge your handset if there is less than 60% power left.
- You will download the one-click root tool from the web – the link is coming from those of xda-developers; if there are security tools installed on your computer the same might interfere with the root operation; therefore deactivate or uninstall the security protection that is featured on both computer and Xperia SP.
- This step by step guide is compatible only with the mentioned Android based smartphone; don’t use the next steps if you own a similar or different device as you can end up in bricking your handset.
- Remember that the method from below will work on both locked and unlocked bootloaders.
- As mentioned, on your computer, you need to download the one-click root tool.
- Use the link from here.
- Extract or unzip the downloaded package deal on laptop.
- Now, join your smartphone with the pc.
- Set up the connection by means of the use of the cellphone’s USB cable.
- In your laptop navigate in the course of the unzipped folder from pc.
- From there double click on on the “runme_win.bat” file for launching the executable file.
- Apply the on-reveal prompts.
- Click on on any key for beginning the basis process.
- When gaining root get admission to ends, your handset will reboot robotically.
- That you can then unplug the USB cable as you’re completed.
Smartly accomplished, you have got efficiently rooted your Sony Xperia SP by way of the usage of a one click on root answer. Now that you may at last replace your telephone with a customized ROM firmware, however first do set up a customized restoration picture, like CWM or TWRP restoration. Additionally, now you could set up a customized kernel for enabling overclocking capabilities so you could bump the speeds, or beef up the battery lifestyles (should you make a selection to underclock your Android software). Keep shut for appropriate publications and share your impressions and ideas with us via the use of the feedback house from beneath.