If you have installed the TWRP or CWM Recovery for your smartphone, but you don’t know how to successfully boot the custom Recovery Mode then this is the guide for you.
Also, this guide teaches you how to boot into Stock Recovery mode too.
Booting into TWRP / CWM or Stock Recovery Mode is one of the easiest tasks that someone has to apply on their Nexus 4 devices. Press a couple of buttons and you’re set. If you don’t have any custom Recoveries installed on your device, then you can use the following tutorial here and learn how to do it. Note that the ‘how to install custom Recovery images for Nexus 4′ guide will work only with N4 devices that are currently running on an unlocked bootloader.
How to boot TWRP / CWM Recovery Mode for Google Nexus 4:
- Power off your smartphone completely.
- Press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release the buttons when the Bootloader / Fastboot mode menu appears.
- You will the Start button listed on this screen, press Volume Down or Up until the ‘start’ text changes to Recovery Mode.
- Press Power to confirm that you wish to boot into Recovery Mode.
- That’s it. Use the Custom Recovery Mode options and flash custom ROMs, apply root or complete any of the tasks that you find while browsing this new area of your device.