The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is a excessive finish instrument, now not slightly an identical in specs and contours with the traditional Galaxy S4, although the performances are nonetheless spectacular. Anyway, if you want to tweak your Android software for bettering its battery lifestyles, the speeds and the Jelly Bean expertise, then you definately must be aware of that root get entry to is being required. Additionally, many of the customized operations can’t be carried out except your cellphone has a customized restoration picture put in, so right through the current tutorial I’ll exhibit you how one can simply root and set up CWM restoration for your Galaxy S4 Mini version quantity I9195.
Gaining root get entry to will have to be the very first thing to do when proudly owning an Android instrument. So, you will have to do the identical for your S4 Mini. Why? Smartly, through rooting you’ll achieve get entry to to the inner gadget of your smartphone that means that it is possible for you to to cast off built in packages (cast off the bloatware for making improvements to the speeds), improve the battery lifestyles, and set up advanced apps that requires root get admission to to be able to run correctly. Moreover, on rooted SGS4 Mini it is possible for you to to flash a customized restoration picture, replace with a customized ROM firmware and even overclocking the CPU.
Actually, by gaining root access you will remove the factory restrictions and default settings from your Galaxy S4 Mini. Because of that, the root process is an unofficial one. Unfortunately the warranty of your phone will get voided by completing this step by step guide as this is happening when applying unofficial procedures. Don’t panic though, as you can restore the warranty; all you have to do is to downgrade to stock ROM / update with an official version of the Android OS – soon Android 4.3 Jelly Bean will be made available for your S4 Mini. Do note that on rooted handsets the OTA releases can’t be flashed or received – you will have to manually install the official updates.
Then, the custom recovery image is required for operations like: flashing .zip files from the SD card, perform maintenance, customization and optimization procedures and apply Nandroid backups, wiping and restoration operations. The stock recovery, which comes pre-installed on all the Android powered smartphones and tablets can’t be used for applying custom ROMs or kernels or for tweaking your device, so a custom recovery must be installed instead.
CWM recovery is one of the most popular and used recovery image by Android users the app having important and useful features and an easy to handle user interface. Furthermore CWM recovery is available and compatible with almost all the smartphones and tablets available on the market so there won’t be a problem in flashing the same on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
Now, before rooting and installing CWM recovery on your Galaxy S4 Mini, backup the data that is saved on the internal storage memory of your device as it might get corrupted or wiped out. Save your contacts list, call logs, market apps and everything else you might need and use afterwards.
Then, after taking care of the backup, ensure that you can use a computer on which you have to deactivate the security protection because the security programs are usually interfering with the flashing operation. Next, on your phone go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and check the USB debugging option. Finally charge the battery of your device (if there is less than 60% power left) or else your smartphone might get turned off in the middle of the rooting process.
This guide is using Odin, which is an official tool provided by Samsung, but remember: the tutorial is unofficial and the warranty of your S4 Mini will get lost. Also, do note that this step by step guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini model number I9195 and not with any other Android based handset.
- First on your computer download Samsung KIES and install the Galaxy S4 Mini drivers – skip this step if the drivers are already installed.
- Then, on the same computer download the package from here.
- Extract or unzip the package on desktop.
- Now, download Odin.
- Unzip and install the program.
- Also, run Odin on your computer.
- Turn off your phone and reboot in download mode.
- For download mode: press and hold volume down, home and power buttons at the same time.
- Connect your handset with the computer.
- On Odin now the ID:COM section should be yellow or blue and the “added” message should be displayed.
- If not you should try to reinstall the drivers on the computer and repeat the steps from above.
- Now, from Odin click on “pda” and pick the GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel.tar.md5 file.
- F. Reset Time and Re-partition options should be unchecked on Odin.
- Click on “start”.
- Your S4 Mini will be rooted.
- In the end, on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed.
- Disconnect the devices and reboot your phone.
- Turn it off and reboot in download mode as showed above.
- Odin must be running on the computer.
- Connect your handset with the PC again and follow the steps from above.
- When clicking on “pda” this time pick the recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-serranoltexx.tar.md5 file.
- Wait while the CWM recovery tool will be installed on your phone.
- In the end, reboot your device.
- If your S4 Mini gets stuck in a boot loop: reboot in recovery by pressing on power, volume up and home buttons and then select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; return to recovery and select “reboot system now”.
- For any other problems use this step by step guide.
Just right job; you will have efficiently rooted and put in CWM restoration to your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini version quantity I9195. Now that you could replace your tool with a customized ROM firmware, cast off bloatware or overclock the CPU so begin bettering the performances of your smartphone. Don’t disregard to share your expertise with us by means of the usage of the feedback space from beneath.