Android Open Kang Project team has released their official Milestone 2 build of the AOKP Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM. Use this tutorial and you will learn how to successfully update your AT&T Galaxy S3 with this new custom ROM.
This is a guide that should be installed by those who know what they’re doing and not by beginners. More info about the new things added by this new ROM can be found here. In order to make sure that you successfully install this new ROM, you will first need to take a look at the guidelines listed below:
- Use this guide only with the AT&T variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone.
- Do not attempt to update any other Galaxy S3 variant using this guide, as you will end up bricking it.
- Your device has to be factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom Recovery such as CWM or TWRP.
- Use the custom Recovery Mode to create a full NANDROID backup of your current OS before installing AOKP Milestone 2 Android 4.2.2 JB build.
- The NANDROID backup will act as cover in case something goes wrong and you lose data or you brick the phone.
- The ‘how-to’ part of this post will ask you to ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ your smartphone, which is why you should know that you will lose all installed apps data, SMS and other similar file.s
- The ‘factory reset’ process won’t affect the internal / external storage.
- If you plan on backing up data from installed apps, then you can find helpful tools on Google Play Store.
- If you want to backup SMS, Call logs info or APN Internet Settings, then you should use the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore needless to say this information incorporates directions for each CWM and TWRP Recoveries.
- Very first thing that you simply wish to do in Restoration Mode is to create a NANDROID backup of the present ROM:
> for CWM Restoration: choose ‘backup and fix’ after which create the backup file. Ascertain.
> for TWRP Restoration: press Backup after which make a choice the information that you just want to backup. Verify.
- Subsequent, follow manufacturing facility reset in your instrument, as in any other case the AOKP M2 ROM received’t boot after set up:
> for CWM: make a selection ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’. Verify.
> for TWRP: press Wipe button, then Manufacturing facility Reset. Verify.
- Now that you may flash the AOKP Milestone 2 Jelly Bean four.2.2 ROM in your AT&T SGS3:
> for CWM: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’ choice, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’. In finding the AOKP M2 zip file and make sure the set up.
> for TWRP: press the Set up button, browse your software for the AOKP M2 zip. Ascertain by way of sliding the blue button to the best.
- After the ROM is flashed, you want to set up the Gapps zip too. Choose the identical choices as in step 7 to put in it.
- When each AOKP M2 and Google Apps zips had been efficiently flashed, return to the primary Restoration Mode reveal.
- Reboot your smartphone now and wait except the tool boots into customary mode.
- Enter your Google Account small print when the AOKP Milestone 2 house reveal is displayed to your AT&T Galaxy S3.
- Take a look at the brand new options and features of the brand new ROM. Customise its residence monitors and configure it to get one of the best out of your Android smartphone.
These have been all of the steps that you just needed to apply to be able to efficiently flash the AOKP Jelly Bean four.2.2 Milestone 2 construct in your Galaxy S3. Should you had any issues with the set up course of, then you definately must ask for extra lend a hand in feedback or that you may merely repeat your complete tutorial as soon as once more, as on a regular basis such customized ROMs are appearing up and may no longer flash on the first try.
For those who don’t like how the AOKP Milestone 2 ROM works along with your AT&T Galaxy S3, then which you can simply repair it to its earlier state by using the usage of Customized Restoration Mode after which restoring the NANDROID backup file created in step 5.