If you have updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to official Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS but you don’t like the new firmware and you rather chose to use the old stable and smooth 4.1.2 XXEMF6 software, then you should follow this guide for learning how to downgrade your Galaxy S3. The best is that Android 4.3 will soon be rolled out for your device so until then flash the most stable update that has been rolled out by Samsung for your Galaxy S3 I9300: JB 4.1.2 XXEMF6.
You should downgrade your SGS3 to stock Android OS if you want to restore the warranty of your phone (the warranty gets void when gaining root access) or if you want to reflash a stable version of the Jelly Bean firmware. The 4.1.2 XXEMF6 might be just the right choice as the software comes without bugs and issues and also brings the latest features, apps and capabilities on your Galaxy S3 smartphone. Just follow the next guidelines and learn how to manually downgrade your handset to stock Android ROM.
But before starting the proper update operation, learn how to prepare your phone by taking care of the pre requisites – use the list from below.
- This guide will work on rooted and un-rooted smartphones so you don’t have to worry about this aspect.
- By flashing the JB 4.1.2 XXEMF6 firmware you will downgrade your Galaxy S3 to stock and official Android OS, so this is not a custom ROM.
- Because of the mentioned aspect, by completing this tutorial you will be able to revoke root access, relock the bootloader and restore the warranty back.
- Even though you are dealing with an official update, a backup is still required. There are situations in which the data gets corrupted so for avoiding the unpleasant situations, use backup and restore apps from Google Play and save everything you might need afterwards.
- On the update operation, Odin will be used so a Windows running computer, your Galaxy S3 and the USB cable must be near you.
- Since this is a manual installation procedure, for being able to succeed with the same, on your computer deactivate the security tools and protection.
- Also charge your phone if the power left is less than 60%; else skip this step.
- Furthermore, go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option.
- Complete the next steps only for installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMF6 Firmware on the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300.
Well, now you know how to prepare your handset for the update operation. Therefore you can safely begin the tutorial for learning how to update the S3 to stock JB 4.1.2 OS; remember this is not a 4.2.2 based ROM, it’s a previous official variant of the Android platform that is stable and runs smoothly on the mentioned device.
- First on your computer download the update file from here.
- Then, unzip the firmware package on desktop.
- Up next, on the same computer install the Galaxy S3 drivers via Samsung KIES; skip this step if the drivers are already flashed.
- Finally download Odin.
- Unzip and set up this system and in spite of everything run the identical.
- Flip off your handset as you want to reboot it in obtain mode.
- After turning it off, wait just a few seconds.
- Then reboot by way of urgent on Quantity Down, House and Energy buttons on the related time.
- On this manner that you would be able to enter Galaxy S3 obtain mode.
- Odin have to be working in your laptop whereas you’ll join your smartphone with the PC by means of USB wire.
- As soon as the connection set up, on Odin the ID:COM part should be yellow or blue and the “introduced” message should be displayed.
- If now not it signifies that Odin didn’t identified your S3 and you’ll have to reflash the drivers on the pc; then reapply the steps from the start.
- Proceed by way of picking (from Odin) the PDA possibility.
- Choose the replace file from laptop.
- On Odin the re-partition field shouldn’t be checked.
- Begin the replace operation with the aid of clicking on “begin”.
- Wait unless the “cross” message will likely be displayed on Odin.
- Then you’ll recognize that the set up process is over so it is possible for you to to take away the USB cable and reboot your Galaxy S3 on Android four.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMF6 firmware.
- If Odin will get caught: shut this system, unplug the USB cable, power restart your software, set up the drivers on the pc and re-are trying the replace operation from step 1.
- In case your cellphone will get caught in a boot loop: reboot in restoration mode (press and cling Energy, Extent Up and Dwelling buttons) and from there make a choice “wipe knowledge manufacturing unit reset” and “wipe cache partition”; subsequent, return to primary menu of restoration and make a selection “reboot machine now”.
Excellent job, now you understand how to downgrade Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to inventory and reputable Android four.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMF6 Firmware. Do keep shut as quickly we can be checking on how one can manually replace your tool to Android four.three JB tool.