The Illusion custom ROM is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and it is one of the smoothest custom operating systems that I have tested on my Nexus 4. Use this tutorial if you wish to install this new ROM on your device and then tell us in comments if you like it. Note that this is a guide that should be used by advanced users.
Illusion ROMs are designed by an XDA Member and Developer, $ droyd$ . The main features of this new Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Custom ROM are these: it allows you to change LCD Density Settings, set per-app dpi settings, stock UI, PhabletUI, TabletUI, per-app permissions manager, dual pane view, low battery warning, cLock, custom hardware keys, Widgets viewpaper, notification drawer options, power sound on plug-in / plug-out, PIE controls, Navbar customizations, power widget settings, Custom QuickSettings, Power Menu controls, Custom Statusbar options, custom sounds settings, custom phone settings, custom MMS settings, Integrated superuser, Trebuchet launcher, 3.4.x kernel base and multiple others.
Check this YouTube video for a better understanding on how Illusion custom ROMs works.
This custom ROM allows you to change almost any part of your device and it is very stable. In order to learn how to successfully flash it at your first attempt, you will first need to take a look at the guidelines below:
- use this guide only with the Google Nexus 4 smartphone.
- don’t try to update any other device using the instructions listed in this post.
- your device has to be on an unlocked bootloader, rooted and running a custom Recovery image such as TWRP.
- you can use the CWM Recovery, too, but I recommend using TWRP Recovery.
- this tutorial uses the TWRP Recovery to install, but you can complete the installation with the CWM one just as well.
- use the custom Recovery Mode before starting the installation in order to create a full NANDROID backup of your current OS. This will set a restore point for your device and you can use it in case something goes wrong and you cannot boot it into normal mode after the update.
- this guide contains a step that will tell you to ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, don’t skip it. All the installed apps and other data stored on the system partition will be wiped in the process.
- the internal SD card storage won’t be affected by this installation.
- if you plan on backing up installed app data, then you should browse the Google Play Store in order to find a tool that is capable of saving and restoring applications data.
- to backup SMS, APN Internet settings or Call Logs info, use the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore that is an all-in-one google apps put in with Aroma, this means that that you are going to be information throughout the course of.
- Join your Nexus four together with your pc.
- Now transfer each zip recordsdata onto your instrument’s inside SDcard. When the information are copied with success, disconnect the telephone from PC.
- Energy off your smartphone now utterly.
- Boot the instrument into Bootloader mode by using urgent and preserving on the related time Quantity Up, Quantity Down and Energy.
> when in Bootloader menu, press quantity Up as soon as.
- Press Energy to verify that you simply want to load the Restoration Mode and look ahead to your instrument as well TWRP Restoration Mode.
- Subsequent, make a selection ‘backup’ possibility and create a SYSTEM nandroid backup. Get to your next step after that.
- Now, make a selection ‘wipe’ after which ‘manufacturing unit reset’. Ascertain. Don’t skip this step.
- Make a selection ‘set up’ after which browse your tool for the Phantasm ROM zip file. Verify that you simply need to set up it.
- When the ROM is put in, make a choice once more ‘Set up’ after which browse the telephone contents for the Gapps zip. Ascertain the set up.
- Return to the principle TWRP Restoration menu and Reboot your cellphone.
- Wait a few minutes for the tool as well into standard mode.
- Enter your Google Account small print when the Phantasm Jelly Bean four.three dwelling monitor masses.
- Check all of its options and that will have to be all, you’ve managed to flash a customized ROM for your Nexus four.
These had been all of the steps that you just needed to take with a purpose to replace your instrument. Should you’re having issues with this set up, then you definitely must ask for added lend a hand in feedback.
In the event you don’t like how this new customized ROM works along with your Nexus four, then that you may simply repair the Nandroid backup of your up to now put in ROM the usage of the TWRP / CWM Restoration Mode.
Additionally, control our site because the reputable Android four.three Jelly Bean Replace has been introduced for Nexus four and shortly we will be able to publish a information that teaches you the right way to improve your software.