Although the legitimate Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean OTA replace isn’t but on hand for the Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082, a leaked model of the firmware has been equipped. So, if you wish to take a look at the inventory JB four.2.2 OS to your Galaxy Grand sooner than the professional unlock, then flash the XXUBMF2 instrument to your smartphone. With the aid of the use of this tutorial you are going to discover ways to manually set up the leaked firmware for your telephone, so you’re going to nonetheless get the reliable Android OS, no longer a customized ROM in response to the identical.
Due to the fact you’re going to replace your Galaxy Grand with the authentic, although simply leaked, Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean device, you’ll no longer must handle a fancy flashing operation. That’s why, for this step-by-step information a rooted device isn’t required. The steps from below are compatible with both rooted and un-rooted smartphones, so you have nothing to worry about. Of course, if your Grand has been unchained or installed with a custom ROM, now by updating to stock JB 4.2.2 XXUBMF2 OS you will revoke the root access, restore the warranty and re-flash the default variant of the Android system.
The new Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware comes with new features, apps, capabilities and bug fixes, the XXUBMF2 software being stable and smoothly running on the Samsung Galaxy Grand model number I9082. The same OS will be official released and rolled out by Samsung for your Grand during the upcoming days – or weeks if you are unlucky, so by completing this tutorial you will be with one step ahead Samsung and Google.
For safely completing this update operation you will use Odin which is an official tool developed and offered by Samsung. The app is being used for updating and rooting procedures, so your phone will be safe. But in order to avoid the unpleasant situations, before heading to the steps from below, complete the pre requisites.
- Use a Windows running computer because Odin can be installed only on the same.
- Ensure that your phone’s USB cable is near you as you will have to connect your device with the computer.
- On the computer the Galaxy Grand drivers must be installed. You can use Samsung KIES for flashing the drivers.
- On your computer there shouldn’t be any security tools installed; deactivate the security protection if you want to successfully complete this guide.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your handset for being able to connect your device with the PC; for USB debugging go to: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- If on your phone you notice that there is less than 60% power left, it is recommended to plug in the charger before heading to the update operation.
Also, as a recommendation, a backup should be applied. In case, during the update operation, Odin gets stuck, or if your Galaxy Grand will get stuck in a boot loop, you will have to wipe the system. Therefore, for saving your data, personal info and accounts, choose to backup the Grand data first.
Finally, you are prepared to start the flashing procedure. Just make sure that you are applying the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMF2 firmware on the Samsung Galaxy Grand model number I9082 because the present step by step guide is compatible only with the mentioned smartphone.
- Remember to install the Galaxy Grand drivers on the computer.
- On the same computer download and install Odin.
- Furthermore, from here download the update package.
- Unzip the firmware file and run Odin on your computer.
- Now, turn off your handset.
- Reboot it in download mode.
- The Galaxy Grand can be rebooted in download mode by: pressing and holding at the same time the Power, Volume Down and Home buttons.
- With the phone in download mode, use the USB cable and connect the device with your computer.
- Then, on Odin you should notice: the “added” message displayed and the ID:COM section that should be yellow or blue.
- If not, it means Odin didn’t recognize your Galaxy Grand, so you should reinstall the drivers on your computer once more.
- From Odin select “PDA” and pick the software file.
- Then, click on “start” without making any other changes on Odin – the re-partition section should remain unchecked.
- When the update process will be completed on Odin you will see the “pass” message displayed.
- You should unplug the USB cable and reboot your handset.
First, Odin might get stuck while you are triyng to apply the ROM; in that case:
- Close Odin.
- Disconnect the devices.
- Force-restart your smartphone.
- Reinstall the drivers on your computer.
- Run Odin.
- Reboot your phone in download mode and connect it with the computer.
- Follow the update operation from above.
Then, your Galaxy Grand might get stuck in a boot loop; you can resolve this problem by following:
- Reboot your phone in recovery mode.
- For recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time.
- From recovery select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to recovery (select “+++go back+++”) and select “reboot system now”.
For any other problem check this step by step guide – you will be able to learn how to resolve the most common Android issues.
Congratulations you’ve gotten up to date your Samsung Galaxy Grand smartphone with the leaked and legit Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMF2 firmware. Check the instrument and share your impressions and expertise with our group and with different customers who may wish to use our tutorial.