Gravity Screen Off Pro v1.60
Requirements: 2.2 and up
Overview: This app turns automatically your screen OFF when you put your phone into your pocket or onto a table and turn the screen ON when you take it out or up. No need to touch any button and you are ready to go.
HOW IT WORKS:
It monitors the orientation of the device through the gravity sensor. When your phone is pointing downward by its top, in a certain angle, it’s likely to be out of use. In this situation the proximity sensor is activated to determine if it is covered. If yes, the screen turns off because probably you placed the phone into your pocket or onto a table.
To keep the battery usage low the program turns on the proximity sensor only when it’s really necessary. Moreover, when it turns off your screen and the proximity sensor is covered it puts your phone into deep sleep state to save as much energy as possible.
– Pocket Sensor: Recognizes if your phone is in your pocket. By turning your phone below the angle you set, it’ll prepare to turn the screen off.
– Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turns the screen off.
– Turn Screen Off by Proximity: If the device is pointing downward it takes the proximity sensor into account.. By turning this off the program will rely only on the gravity sensor.
– Turn Screen On by Proximity: Turns the screen On when you take your phone out from your pocket and Off when you put it back. By swiping your finger over the proximity sensor the phone can be woken up as well.
– Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it’s facing up the device can be woken up by any movements (ex. lift up by hand) according to the sensitivity set.
– Keep Screen On by Motion: It’s a Screeble like feature but it’s relying on the small movements you are doing by your hand while holding the phone. If small motions are detected while the screen is facing up the feature keeps the screen on because it can be suspected that the phone is held and probably you are reading something long. If the phone is steady the timeout will work as normal in any position you leave your device.
It should be not significant. I experienced about 5 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can vary over different devices.
On some devices the alarm clock is switched off by the app after it had gone off! Please check if it’s the case for you. If, yes, use a third party app, for example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d…mClockPlusDock
– The app was not widely tested. Hopefully it will work fine for you. But, if you experience any issue or just have a question, please email me.
What’s in this version:
– – – v1.60 – – –
– Alternative Turn Off method works better compare to v1.59
– Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout increased
– Turn Screen On by Proximity can be turned off again