The Sony Xperia S is a mid-vary Jelly Bean primarily based smartphone that was once launched means again in February 2012. So, the telephone’s performances usually are not distinguished, that means that enhancements and enhancements are greater than welcomed. Neatly, in case you are having a look into gaining extra energy out of your handset, then use this information and learn to simply overclock your Xperia S. This tutorial will take you throughout the overclocking process due to this fact by using finishing the identical it is possible for you to to vary the CPU frequency that’s at present dependent in your Sony Xperia S.
Overclocking your Android tool is secure, although ahead of beginning the correct operation you wish to do a whole analysis. After all that is an unofficial process, so in case you don’t comprehend easy methods to correctly observe the overclock operation, it’s possible you’ll prove in bricking your Xperia S. That’s why you will have to first learn the information from here, which will explain everything that is related to the overclocking process – advantages, disadvantages, how to set the frequency for avoiding battery drain issues, and so on.
Now, on this tutorial you will learn how to: flash a custom kernel on your Sony Xperia S and then how to use a dedicated tool for increasing the power of your handset – by overclocking the CPU. The custom kernel is needed because else you can’t change the CPU frequency; by using a custom kernel you will actually enable overclocking on your Xperia S. Then, you will have to download and use a dedicated app which will provide an easy to apply overclock solution.
But for being able to complete the mentioned operations, you will first have to root your phone. You can overclock only a rooted system, because a custom kernel can be flashed only on unchained devices. So, gain root access and remove the factory restrictions from your Sony Xperia S. Do remember that the warranty will get void – you can restore the warranty by applying an official Android update (rooted handsets can’t be installed with OTA releases, the firmware must be flashed manually) or by downgrading your phone to stock Jelly Bean OS.
Furthermore, CWM recovery or any other custom recovery image is being required on your smartphone. Unfortunately, the stock recovery can’t be used when trying to overclock the CPU, so ensure that your handset is installed with a custom recovery tool. Do note that if your Xperia S is currently powered by a custom ROM software, you might be able to skip the custom kernel section. Usually the custom ROMs are also coming with custom kernels, so overclocking might already be enabled on your Xperia S; if not follow the steps from below and learn how to easily flash a new kernel on your device.
Don’t forget to backup the data as by completing the next methods, your personal info, accounts and data might get corrupted or erased. Also, if possible make a Nandroid backup for saving / restoring the current ROM. Ensure that a computer or notebook, your smartphone and its USB cable are near you. Furthermore, on your computer and device deactivate the antivirus – or any other security program – protection. Enable the USB debugging option on your phone and charge the battery in case there is less than 60% power left – if your Xperia S gets turned off in the middle of the overclocking process, you will risk in bricking your handset.
This step by step guide is compatible only with the Sony Xperia S smartphone. Don’t use the next steps if you have a different device as the guide won’t work and worst you can damage your device will trying to complete the same.
How to Install a custom Kernel on Sony Xperia S
- On your computer, download the kernel and save the file on desktop.
- The download link is here.
- You want to situation the kernel file to your telephone’s SD card.
- So, join your Xperia S with the pc and drag and drop the downloaded file from the laptop and to your handset.
- Then, dispose of the USB twine as your instrument must be rebooted into restoration mode.
- For restoration mode: flip off you smartphone; reboot through urgent and keeping Energy and Extent Up buttons.
- Use the restoration mode menu for choosing “set up zip from SD card” and “make a selection zip from SD card”.
- Choose the kernel file.
- Flash the identical.
- In spite of everything, return to restoration and make a selection “reboot device now”.
Just right job; now you could head to the following part of this tutorial for finding out:
Learn how to Overclock Sony Xperia S
- As a way to overclock your Xperia S you want to obtain one of the crucial following apps (get them from Google Play): SetCPU, No-frills CPU Keep an eye on, IncrediControl.
- Then, set up the device to your telephone.
- Run the identical.
- Practice the on-display prompts and set the CPU frequency (elevate the frequency best with 10 – 20% if you wish to steer clear of battery drain considerations).
- Shut the app and reboot your tool.
So, that was once all; your Sony Xperia S has been upgraded as its CPU has been overclocked. Now, you’re going to obtain extra energy and higher performances out of your smartphone. It is possible for you to to play the newest video games, set up the most recent apps, watch HD films and so forth. Use the feedback are from beneath if in case you have questions or if you happen to had issues whereas looking to full the above defined tutorial.