After putting in the inventory Android four.1.2 JB 6.2.B.zero.211 firmware on the Xperia S and Xperia SL, now it’s time to do the identical for the Sony Xperia Ion. So, should you select to observe and full this tutorial, it is possible for you to to learn to manually flash the newest and authentic Jelly Bean OS to your Xperia Ion, edition quantity LT 28i and LT 28h. As you could be aware of, the 6.2.B.zero.211 Jelly Bean OTA replace is bringing some worm fixes and minor enhancements for resolving the lately said issues like heating and battery drain considerations.
The current device just isn’t an immense replace, however if you wish to obtain the newest options, apps, capabilities and enhancements to be had, you will have to at all times flash the legit releases of the Android device. That’s why I strongly suggest you to flash the brand new Jelly Bean 6.2.B.zero.211 OS in your Sony Xperia Ion. Seeing that we’re speaking in regards to the inventory ROM, the replace has been OTA launched and will also be every time put in by way of PC accomplice. However in case it is very important use a guide set up process, then return right here and resume the current step-by-step information.
Anyway, even if that is an reliable operation, do imagine the tactic hazardous and complicated. So, with a view to keep away from the disagreeable scenarios make sure to learn and observe the entire traces from this information; don’t operate issues by means of yourselves as you could brick or injury your cellphone.
To start with, you must recognize that a rooted handset isn’t required for the operation; the guide though is suitable with both locked and unchained Xperia Ion devices. Also, since you are flashing the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update, you shouldn’t worry as the warranty of your phone will not get voided. Furthermore, if now your Ion is rooted and powered by a custom ROM firmware, after applying the 6.2.B.0.211 software you will be able to restore the warranty and relock the system.
Also, due to the fact that you will manually install the update on your smartphone there are some things to prepare, like: a computer which is being required because the Flash tool must be installed on the same; your phone and its USB cable because you will have to connect the Xperia Ion with the computer. Furthermore, on the computer there shouldn’t be installed any security programs and tools and your handset must be charged – if there is less than 60% power left. Finally don’t forget to enable the USB debugging option from here: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” – else you won’t be able to properly connect the devices.
Even though you will be updating your Sony Xperia Ion with an official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware, the data which is being saved on the internal storage memory of your device might still get corrupted, which means that you can lose important and personal info. That’s why you should consider in backing up the system and the data. Don’t worry as the backup operation can be easily performed as there are numerous apps available on Google Play. Also, if your phone is rooted and installed with a custom recovery image, you can use the tool for performing complex backup operations.
This tutorial is compatible only with the Sony Xperia Ion model number LT 28i and LT 28h. Don’t flash the JB 4.1.2 6.2.B.0.211 update if you have a similar handset because you can easily brick your phone. Also, stick to the steps from below and try not to mess things up.
- As already mentioned, on your computer you need to download the Flashing tool; so go here and download the app.
- Then, of course, you should get the Android update file; the same is available on the link from here.
- Shop each recordsdata to your pc; set up the Flash software (apply the on-display guideline) and situation the replace file on the Personal computer.
- Then, run the Flash device with the aid of operating the “thunder” image.
- From the software so one can be opened, make a selection “Flashmode” adopted by using “good enough”.
- Then, faucet and “…” and decide the .ftf file – the firmware file from the computer.
- Now, flip off your Ion.
- Press the Quantity Up key and whereas doing the identical plug the USB cable in and fix the smartphone with the pc.
- As soon as the connection set up, the set up process will begin mechanically.
- Be persistence as the method will take a few minutes.
- In any case your cellphone will reboot routinely into Jelly Bean four.1.2 OS.
- If the primary boot will take longer than general, don’t panic, that’s commonplace.
- Go to “Settings -> About Cellphone -> Construct Quantity” for checking the construct model of the Android OS.
Just right job, you will have efficiently up to date your Sony Xperia Ion to newest JB four.1.2 6.2.B.zero.211 firmware. So, take a look at the brand new ROM and return right here for sharing your impressions with us and with different customers who may need to take a look at the tool. Additionally, do inform us how issues labored for you or if you happen to had issues whereas looking to observe the steps from above – we can assist you to as quickly as conceivable.