CM 10.1.0 Final build has been finished and you can use this tutorial to learn how to successfully install it on your Galaxy Nexus International GSM variant. Read the entire tutorial and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that I have listed in this post, as you wouldn’t want to repeat the tutorial more than once.
This build of CM is the first Stable release and it’s a better version than the CM 10.1 M Snapshots/ Release Candidate and Nightlies releases. If you find any errors while using it, tell us in comments so that more users will learn about them before installing the update. We didn’t manage to find any major bugs, but there are still some minor ones which means that there is still work to be done by the CyanogenMod team.
First thing that you need to do is to read the guidelines listed below:
- use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 International version.
- don’t try to use this guide with any other Android device, as you will end up bricking it.
- your Galaxy Nexus has to be on an unlocked bootloader, rooted and running a custom Recovery such as CWM or TWRP.
- this guide uses the ClockworkMod CWM Recovery, but you can also use the TWRP version if that’s the one installed on your device. In case you have TWRP, then you should carefully select the corresponding actions that I’ve listed for CWM.
- use the Custom Recovery mode and create a full NANDROID backup of your current OS. This will set a restore file that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot with your phone.
- the how-to guide tells you to factory reset the phone, do it, as otherwise it won’t boot into normal mode, forcing you to repeat the tutorial more than once.
- ‘factory reset’ will delete all contents from your device’s system partition, so you’ll lose all installed apps and other similar data.
- use a tool from Google Play Store to backup installed apps data.
- if you’re planning on backing up SMS, Call Logs info or APN Internet Settings, then you should use these tools: SMS backup & restore don’t extract its information, location the file to your pc.
- Join your Galaxy Nexus together with your PC by means of USB cable. Then, transfer each recordsdata onto your cellphone’s inner SDcard and when the information are copied, you will have to disconnect it from pc.
- Energy off your Galaxy Nexus.
- Boot your software into CWM / TWRP Restoration mode.
> remember the fact that this information is for CWM Restoration, however the TWRP one will work too.
- When in Customized Restoration Mode, choose ‘backup and repair’ and create a NANDROID backup of your present OS.
- From the primary customized Restoration Mode, choose ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’ possibility. Ascertain this course of.
- Subsequent, choose ‘set up zip from SDcard’ after which ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’. In finding the CM 10.1.zero zip Steady zip and set up it.
> the method shouldn’t take greater than a few minutes to complete.
- After the ROM is put in, make a selection once more ‘select zip from sdcard’. To find the Gapps zip and set up this one too.
- While you’ve managed to flash each information, return to the principle Restoration reveal and choose ‘reboot gadget now’.
- Now you wish to wait at the least 5 minutes for the entire required information to be loaded.
- Enter your Google Account small print while you’re on the major CM 10.1.zero Secure Dwelling Display.
- Take keep an eye on over your software after which begin trying out the entire new options and features.
If the primary boot course of takes greater than 10 minutes to complete or in case the telephone enters right into a boot loop, then it is very important energy off the software. After you must repeat the whole tutorial as soon as once more. Make certain to not skip any steps.
For some other issues use the feedback part under.