The Galaxy Beam is a mid-vary Android primarily based smartphone that was once launched remaining yr with a four inch show, twin core processor and video-projector built-in, whereas Gingerbread used to be put in exceptionally. Smartly, the Beam isn’t a popular software amongst Android customers as a result of its first rate however no longer excessive performances, however Samsung made up our minds to replace the cellphone to Jelly Bean four.1.2 in the end. So if you wish to discover ways to manually set up the inventory Android four.1.2 JB XXAMF1 firmware for your Galaxy Beam I8530, apply and full this step-by-step information.
So, if you wish to flash the newest options and apps for your Galaxy Beam, together with vital malicious program fixes for bettering the Android expertise, practice the reputable Android JB four.1.2 replace. The device has been OTA launched with the aid of Samsung however the ROM can be supplied in phases / steadily so no longer all of the customers will obtain the platform on the related time. Moreover, when you personal a rooted handset, then you definitely received’t have the ability to obtain the OTA free up; due to this fact, you’ll have to set up the JB four.1.2 XXAMF1 OS manually, or else you’re going to now not be capable of replace your Samsung Galaxy Beam.
This information can be appropriate with rooted and un-rooted smartphones that means that it is possible for you to to flash the inventory Android OS on each locked and unlocked methods. However, after putting in the ROM, in case your cellphone has been prior to now rooted or put in with a customized tool, the basis get entry to can be revoked and the inventory Jelly Bean OS will probably be utilized. Moreover, the guarantee –in case it has been prior to now voided – will now be restored.
On this replace course of Odin can be used. Odin is a customized app developed through Samsung and supplied particularly for most of these operations. So, you don’t have anything to fret about as all of the stuffs defined listed here are authentic ones. For the reason that this can be a guide replace way, for performing the identical you’ll have to use a Home windows operating laptop (Odin will probably be put in there) on which there shouldn’t be any safety instruments put in; the safety applications may intervene with Odin and we don’t need that to occur.
Even supposing it’s not going to lose your information by way of the usage of Odin, in uncommon instances the identical can get corrupted. So, if you wish to be sure that your individual data and money owed are in secure palms, earlier than beginning to replace the Galaxy Beam to legit Jelly Bean four.1.2 XXAMF1 OS, full a backup operation. By way of backing up the information that you could retailer nearly the whole lot that’s saved on the inner storage reminiscence (contacts, messages, name logs, EFS, and so on) and if your phone is rooted you can also save the current ROM.
Beside that, you also have to enable the USB debugging option from your Galaxy Beam – just head to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”. If you don’t do that then you might have problems when trying to connect your handset with your computer. Now, it will be indicated to charge the battery of your smartphone because the update operation will take a while and your phone might get turned off in the middle of the flashing process – then you will risk in bricking your device; so charge the battery especially if there is less than 60% power left.
This step by step guide can be applied only on the Samsung Galaxy Beam model number I8530. The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMF1 firmware has been rolled out only for the mentioned handset so don’t use the next steps if you own a similar or different Android based device – you can brick your phone.
- You will be able to properly use Odin only if the Samsung Galaxy Beam drivers are installed on your computer; flash the drivers by using Samsung KIES.
- Then, download the firmware file from here and unzip the same – preferable on Desktop.
- Also, download and install Odin.
- Turn off your device.
- Reboot by pressing Volume Down, Home and Power buttons – download mode will be displayed.
- On the computer run Odin.
- Connect your handset with the PC by plugging in the USB cord.
- Now Odin should recognize your device: you should notice the “added” message displayed on the tool while the ID:COM section from the same should be yellow or blue.
- If that isn’t happening, then you will have to disconnect the Beam from the computer, close Odin and re-install the drivers on the computer; then repeat the update procedure.
- Then, from Odin you will have to select “PDA”.
- Up next pick the Android 4.1.2 firmware file from the desktop.
- Note: don’t make any other changes on Odin; the re-partition section must be unchecked.
- Select “start”.
- In the end, the “pass” message will be displayed on Odin.
- Unplug the UB cable and reboot your Galaxy Beam.
- Note 2: if the first boot will take longer than usual, don’t panic; there is nothing wrong with your phone.
- Note 3: if, on the other hand, you handset will get stuck in a boot loop, you will have to: reboot it in recovery mode – by holding and pressing the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons; then from recovery wipe the system by selecting “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” – that’s why the backup is recommended; return to recovery and select “reboot system now”.
- Note 4: also Odin might get stuck; basically if that happens, you need to: close the tool, disconnect the Beam from the computer, force-restart the phone, reinstall the drivers on the PC, run Odin, boot the handset in download mode, connect the devices and repeat the steps from above.
That was all for now. Your Samsung Galaxy Beam I8530 has been installed with latest official / stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMF1 OS. This is the official release of the Android platform so there shouldn’t be any bugs included in the system. Anyway, test the new software and share your impressions with us; if you are not satisfied by the firmware, then consider in flashing a custom ROM, which will power up, customize and optimize the performances of your handset. Of course for making such operation, you will have to first root your Galaxy Beam and set up a customized restoration picture into its device; however extra about the identical will probably be specified all over our additional step-by-step information so keep shut.