CyanogenMod 10.1 hits its RC number 5 build and you can use this guide to learn how to successfully flash this new custom ROM for your Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Read this entire post and you should be able to complete the update in no time without bricking your device.
Before starting the installation, you will first have to take a look at these guidelines:
- use this post only for the Verizon variant of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Don’t try to flash the files you find here on any other Android devices, as you will end up bricking them.
- the Galaxy Nexus Verizon phone you’re about to update has to be rooted and running CWM or TWRP Recovery. I have used ClockworkMod – CWM Recovery for this tutorial, but the TWRP variant will work too.
- use the custom Recovery mode to create a NANDROID backup of the currently installed ROM. This will set a restore point for your device and it can used if the device doesn’t boot into normal mode with the new OS.
- a ‘factory reset’ is required in order to correctly flash the new ROM for your device. This step can be found in the tutorial part.
- NOTE: if your device is already running on a previous build of CM 10.1, then you will be able to overwrite the current ROM with the new version.
- backup installed applications data using a tool from Google Play Store.
- if you want to backup SMS, APN Internet Settings or Call Logs info, then you should use the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore Join your Verizon Galaxy Nexus together with your pc the usage of the USB information cable.
- Transfer each zip recordsdata onto your tool’s inner storage. After the information are copied which you could disconnect the cellphone from PC.
- Energy off your Galaxy Nexus.
- Boot it into Restoration Mode.
- Make a choice ‘backup and fix’ possibility from the Customized Restoration primary display. Create a NANDROID backup of your present ROM, so that you simply’ll have a restoration level in your OS.
- Make a choice ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’. Verify.
- Make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’ after which ‘make a choice zip from Sdcard’ possibility.
- To find the CM 10.1 RC5 zip and make sure that you need to put in it.
- When the ROM is put in, choose once more ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’. In finding the Gapps zip and set up this one too.
- Return to the primary Customized Restoration reveal when all of the information had been efficiently flashed. Choose ‘reboot gadget now’.
- Wait a number of minutes for the primary boot course of to finish. Take keep an eye on over your software when the house monitor of your cellphone seems.
- That’s it, you’ve managed to flash a CM 10.1 RC5 construct on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Take a look at all of the new capabilities and contours that had been delivered with this new OS.
If the cellphone will get caught on the first boot course of, then it is important to energy it off totally. After that it’s important to repeat the whole tutorial as soon as once more. Should you repeat the academic, then you have to make it possible for the step eight moves are utilized, as that may well be the explanation of why you didn’t full the replace at your first strive.
In the event you don’t like how your tool works with this new CM 10.1 Unlock Candidate 5, then you should use the ‘backup and repair’ choice of the customized Restoration mode and fix your tool to its in the past put in ROM.
In case you have every other questions, use the feedback container beneath.