The Galaxy Note 2 had just received a new OTA update, the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDME6 firmware, so as usual, now we will be checking on how to root the same. The root operation is not complicated as we will be using the CF-Auto-root package – for those who aren’t familiar with the same, CF-auto-root offers an easy to apply (via Odin) and safe root solution that can be performed on almost all the Android based devices out there – but you do have to read all the lines from below, or else you might get stuck or worst, you can even brick your Note 2 by messing things up.
The XXDME6 software has been OTA rolled out by Samsung for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (you can learn how to flash the same by using this guide), only in Europe, so not all the Note 2 users will be able to install the latest version of Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on their phablets. Anyhow, if you haven’t received the XXDM36 OS yet, or if you will not receive it at all, then use the guide from here and learn how to flash the ROM manually. Then, resume this step by step guide and learn how to root the new JB 4.1.2 XXDME6 ROM. Be aware as this guide is suitable only with the Galaxy Note 2 though.
The root access must be gained if you need to unchain the system of your smartphone. An unchained system comes with many advantages as you will be able to access, change, optimize, customize and improve the same. Also, if you root your Galaxy Note 2, you will be able to install complex apps (like CWM recovery) that require root access in order to work properly and you can also flash a custom ROM firmware for powering up the performances of your device. As you see, there are many advantages that are linked with the root operation, though there are some negative aspects too.
First, and most important, by gaining root access you will void the Galaxy Note 2 warranty. This is happening because you are making changes into the factory and default settings of you handset and also because the root operation is an unofficial one. Furthermore, on a rooted system you can’t receive OTA updates. So, if you choose to root your Note 2 then you will not be able to automatically receive the further updates release by Samsung and Google – you will be able to flash stock ROMs only by manually applying the firmwares.
Now, related to the warranty, you should know that it is not permanent – you can restore the same; all you have to do is to downgrade your phablet to stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDME6 OS, or to apply a un-root method. Then, the default JB firmware will be reinstalled along with the factory restrictions, so the system will be relocked.
Because Odin will be used, for the root operation you have to ensure: that a Windows running computer is near you; your handset and its USB cable will be required; you need to deactivate the security protection from both PC and device; the battery of your Note 2 must be charged – there should be more than 60% power left; the USB debugging option must be enabled on your smartphone; and you shouldn’t apply the next steps if you own a similar or different device with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100.
Finally, and most important, I recommend you to backup the Note 2 data before starting the root procedure. Unfortunately, your personal info might get corrupted or even wiped out, so for avoiding the unpleasant situations, you should complete a full backup operation. Use suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play, or just use our tutorials.
- Download Odin on your PC. Unzip the file and install the program; also run the tool.
- Download Samsung KIES. Install the tool and then flash the Galaxy Note 2 drivers on your computer.
- Download the rooting package by using the link from here. Then, extract the file most desirable on Laptop.
- Subsequent, enter your Observe 2 in obtain mode.
- The obtain mode can also be reached by way of: first flip off your tool, then reboot by means of urgent and maintaining the Energy, Extent Down and Residence buttons.
- Use the USB cable and attach the phablet with the pc.
- As soon as the connection set up, Odin should acknowledge your handset (the “delivered” message should be displayed and the ID:COM part will have to be yellow or blue) – if now not, unplug the USB twine, shut Odin and re-set up the Be aware 2 drivers on the pc; then repeat the steps from above.
- From Odin you want to choose the choice named “PDA”.
- Then, you’ve got to choose the CF-auto-root file.
- Make sure that the Re-partition field is unchecked.
- Click on “begin”.
- Wait whereas your instrument is being rooted.
- In spite of everything (the “move” message can be displayed on Odin) disconnect the gadgets and reboot your phablet.
Remember as Odin may get caught if you are seeking to observe the steps from above; if that’s the case you’ll have to shut this system, cast off the USB cable, pressure restart your Galaxy Notice 2, re-flash the drivers and repeat the steps from the basis operation.
Additionally, the identical may occur together with your smartphone (get caught in a boot loop). For fixing this drawback you want to reboot your handset in restoration mode – press and dangle Quantity Up, Energy and Residence buttons – and from there you want to make a choice “wipe knowledge manufacturing unit reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
And with that we’re accomplished. Your Samsung Galaxy Notice 2 N7100 on inventory Android JB four.1.2 XXDME6 Firmware has been efficiently rooted. When you’ve got questions or if you wish to share one thing with our group or with different customers, use the feedback box from under.