The Galaxy Note 10.1 inch N8000 tablet is now supported by CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies. You can use this tutorial to learn how to successfully update your rooted device using the custom Recovery mode and the CM 10.1 Nightlies zip file. Read this entire guide and you should be able to complete the installation in under 10 minutes.
CM 10.1 Nightlies is one of the most popular Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROMs out there, it is based on AOSP and in order to correctly install it on your device read the guidelines below:
- use this guide only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 model number N8000.
- don’t try to use the files you find here with any other Android device, as you will end up bricking it.
- your tablet has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery image such as CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery. I have used the CWM version for this guide, but the TWRP one should work just as well.
- use the custom Recovery mode to create a full NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM, so that you’ll have a restore point set for your tablet just in case something goes wrong and the new ROM doesn’t boot.
- backup all the data that is currently stored on your tablet.
- the tutorial will ask you to factory reset the device and this means that all installed apps and all the other data that’s stored on the system partition will be deleted in the process.
- enable USB Debugging from the Developer Options menu.
- make sure that there is enough power left in your tablet’s battery before starting the installation of CM 10.1 Nightly ROM.
- this is a tutorial for advanced Android users and it is not recommended for you to use this guide in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
- we cannot be held responsible in case you lose any important data in the process.
- read the entire post and make sure that you don’t skip any steps that I have listed below.
NOTE: In case you’re already running a previous build of the CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM, then you can skip the ‘factory reset’ step and simply overwrite the previous build with the one I’ve listed in this post.
Now that you know all of the above, I think that you can continue to the next part of this article and learn how to properly install a custom ROM for your device.
- Download the latest CM 10.1 Nightlies build from HERE.
> save the file on computer and don’t unzip its contents.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.2.2 / CM 10.1 custom ROMs from HERE.
> don’t unzip the file.
- Join the pill together with your PC and transfer each recordsdata onto its interior SDcard. When the recordsdata are copied to your pill, disconnect it out of your laptop.
- Energy off the Galaxy Observe 10.1 N8000 instrument totally.
- Boot it into CWM / TWRP Restoration mode.
> I’ve used the CWM Restoration for this information, however you should utilize TWRP, too. The directions are very identical.
- When in CWM Restoration Mode, make a choice ‘backup and fix’ and create a full NANDROID backup of your present ROM. After you can proceed to your next step.
- Subsequent, make a choice ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’ choice and ensure the method.
> in case your instrument is already operating on a earlier construct of CM 1o.1, then that you may skip this step. Then again, if the tool doesn’t boot with the brand new ROM, then it is very important return to this step and observe it.
- Now, make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’ choice from the principle Restoration monitor. You then want to choose ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’.
- In finding the CM 10.1 Nightly zip and ensure that you wish to have to put in it.
- The ROM will set up in a couple of minutes and after that you’ve got to make a choice as soon as once more ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’ choice. To find the Gapps zip and set up it too.
- In spite of everything recordsdata had been efficiently flashed, return to the primary Restoration menu and make a selection ‘reboot machine now’.
- Stay up for the pill besides into standard CM 10.1 / Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean house display and take regulate over all of its capabilities by means of getting into your Google Account data.
These have been the entire steps that you just needed to take as a way to efficiently flash a CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly construct in your Samsung Galaxy Be aware 10.1 edition quantity N8000. I’m hoping that you just’ve managed to efficiently replace the instrument and that it really works flawlessly.
If the pill takes too lengthy to complete the primary boot course of with the brand new OS, you then will have to energy it off utterly. After that it is important to repeat your entire tutorial as soon as once more and, this time, remember to follow the ‘manufacturing unit reset’ step, as that may well be the lead to for the failed CM10.1 ROM set up try.
If you happen to don’t like how this new customized OS works along with your Galaxy Notice 10.1 GSM edition, then you can use the ROM backup file you created in step 6 and restoration it to its earlier state. I believe that these had been the entire directions that I had for you, for another questions use the feedback box beneath.