XXBMF1 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OTA Update has been pushed out for the Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 tablet. Use this tutorial to learn how to manually install it easily in under 10 minutes without bricking the device.
This update file has been pushed out for UK region, but you can use it for any other International model of this particular tablet. In order to install it, you will first have to read the guidelines below. Here’s what you need to know:
- use this guide only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 model number N5110. Check the model version of your tablet by opening Settings and then About device menu.
- don’t try to use this guide with any other Android devices.
- if you have a rooted tablet, then this update will revoke root access and restore Warranty.
- your tablet has to be unlcoked.
- enable the USB Debugging option from the Developer Options section. If this menu isn’t shown in Settings, then you have to open About Device menu and scroll down to Build Number. Tap 7 times the ‘build number’ text and the Developer Options will be enabled.
- disable Samsung KIES and any antivirus program that might be running on your computer. Such tools will interfere with the updating tool that we’re going to use in order to flash the latest Jelly Bean firmware.
- make sure that the tablet’s battery has at least 50% power left before completely discharging. If the tablet powers off while you’re updating it, then it might get bricked.
- this update might delete all contents from the tablet’s internal storage, which is why you have to backup all the data before starting the update.
- note that we cannot be blamed in case you brick the device or you lose any important data in the process.
- if you cannot complete the update, then you can ask for extra help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this guide to learn how to flash a stock Jelly Bean OTA Update using Odin program.
- Download the N5110XXBMF Jelly Bean 4.1.2 zip from HERE.
> extract the contents of this zip and you will get a ‘N5110XXBMF1_N5110OXABME5_BTU’ file with the .tar.md5 extension.
- Download Odin3 v3.07 from HERE.
> extract its contents and save the file on your PC.
- Power off your tablet now.
- Boot it into Download Mode and then continue to the next step.
- Launch ODIN exe on your PC.
- Next, connect the tablet with your PC via USB cable. Wait for Odin to recognize the tablet and only then you can continue to the next step.
> if the tablet is not recognized, then you switch between USB ports or thry to re-install the Samsung USB Drivers – download link here.
- Click on the ‘PDA’ button in Odin.
- Now you want to browse your laptop for the .tar.md5 file of the N5110XXBMF1 OTA Replace. Load it into Odin.
> ensure that the ‘Re-partition’ possibility just isn’t enabled in Odin.
> don’t edit some other default settings.
- When the whole lot is ready, click on the START button to start the updating course of.
- After the replace is full, the Galaxy Be aware eight.zero N5110 will reboot and Odin will ascertain that the method has been handed.
- When the tool presentations the ‘Samsung boot animation’, unplug it from laptop. Now look ahead to all information to be loaded and the house monitor to look.
- Enter your Google Account important points and take regulate over your pill’s features as soon as once more.
- Take a look at the ‘About tool’ menu to confirm that the firmware model is now listed as XXBMF1, which ascertain that the replace has been achieved efficiently.
If the whole lot went in line with plan, then the replace will have to’ve been successful and which you could shut this tutorial. For those who had issues, then you definately will have to learn the notes listed beneath.
NOTE 1: if ODIN iced over or the telephone blocked, you then must disconnect the units after which shut Odin. Restart Odin and boot the pill into customary mode as soon as once more and repeat the complete tutorial as soon as once more. Ensure that to not skip any steps.
NOTE 2: if Odin says ‘PASS’ however the Galaxy Observe eight.zero N5110 is unable to move prior the Samsung boot animation or it enters right into a bootloop, then you’ll have to ‘manufacturing unit reset’ the instrument. Unplug the cellphone from PC after which energy it off utterly. Boot into Restoration Mode and follow the ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’ choice. Ascertain after which ‘reboot machine’ into standard mode. This must drive the pill as well into customary mode.
These have been all of the steps that I had for you, for some other questions, use the feedback container under.