If your Galaxy S4 I9500 has been rooted, but now you have applied the official XXUAMDL Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware, the root access has been revoked. Don’t worry though as by using this step by step guide you will learn how to easily root the new stock XXUAMDL OS. This method is safe and you will be able to complete the guide in just a few minutes and without damaging or bricking your Galaxy S4. Do remember though that this tutorial can be performed only for the SGS4 model number I9500 that runs on official Android 4.2.2 JB XXUAMDL software.
What’s important to know when dealing with root operations are the following info:
- First you need to know how the root process will work and what tools will be used; well for the present tutorial, you will learn how to root the Galaxy S4 on stock JB 4.2.2 XXUAMDL firmware by using Odin and CF-Auto-Root.
- Then, you need to know that once the system is unchained, the warranty will get void. This is the only negative aspect related to the root procedure and unfortunately, the same can’t be avoided – you will make changes into the internal system of your smartphone, so it is normal to lose the warranty.
- Also, what most of the users who are applying these tutorials aren’t aware of is that the warranty can be afterwards restored: all you have to do is to downgrade / update to stock / official Android OS. Of course then the root will be revoked and the bootloader relocked.
After that it will be a good idea to ensure that you do need to unchain the system of your Galaxy S4 as usually, the users are applying this operation only because they heard that is good and maybe helpful. So, in order to make a background view over the root aspect, here is what you need to know:
- You need to root the Galaxy S4 if you want to have access over its Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS, or if you want to make changes into its internal system.
- That’s why, once the system is unlocked you will be able to remove in-built programs and add new apps and tools.
- Furthermore, on a rooted SGS4 you will be able to customize and optimize the performances for gaining more speeds, improving the battery life, personalizing the looks and so on.
- Finally, if you do apply this tutorial, then you will be able to flash a custom recovery image and later a custom ROM firmware for running on a custom version of the Android OS.
- As you can see there are many advantages that comes along with a rooted OS, but don’t complete this operation only for “making” something with your smartphone.
Finally, just before heading to the proper steps from below, you need to prepare your Samsung Galaxy S4 for the installation procedure that will shortly follow. So, don’t skip the list from below as it represents the most relevant part of this step by step guide:
- First of all, remember that this guide will work only for the Galaxy S4 I9500 on Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUAMDL OS; applying the next steps for a similar or different handsets will probably brick your Android based device.
- Then, as mentioned Odin will be used; therefore make sure that you are having access to a Windows running computer, to your phone and to its USB cable.
- You will download and install the required files and tools on the computer and then you will root your S4 via Odin and CF-Auto-Root.
- You need to enable the USB debugging option from your device and you also have to charge its battery – only if there is less than 60% power left.
- Furthermore, it is recommended to uninstall the security tools from both computer and smartphone.
- Even though you will be using Odin, the data which is being saved on the internal storage memory of your S4 might get corrupted. So, for being able to avoid the unpleasant situations I recommend you to backup your personal info and saves first. You can use suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play, or you can even use our step by step tutorials; anyhow just ensure that you are making a full backup.
- On your computer the Galaxy S4 drivers must be installed. If not, you can download the drivers manually or you can use Samsung KIES. Don’t go any further without installing the proper drivers on your PC.
- Also, download and install Odin on your computer.
- Then, run the program.
- Download the rooting file from here and location it in your pc.
- Flip off your cellphone and reboot it into obtain mode.
- The obtain mode on the SGS4 may also be reached via urgent on Quantity Down, Energy and House buttons collectively.
- Join your handset with the pc.
- You could inform if the whole lot is working as deliberate if on Odin the “delivered” message is displayed and the ID:COM part is yellow or blue.
- If no longer, you simply need to re-set up the drivers to your pc; then repeat the steps from above.
- Now, from Odin make a selection “PDA”.
- Choose the rooting bundle (the Cf-auto-root .zip file).
- On Odindon’t test the Re-partition field.
- However let the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time choices.
- Then, click on on “Begin”.
- Finally, the “cross” message can be displayed.
- Reboot and that’s it.
- In case you’re going to no longer be capable to boot into rooted Jelly Bean four.2.2 XXUAMDL instrument, you’ll have to reboot your Galaxy S4 into restoration mode (press and dangle Extent Up, Energy and Residence buttons on the similar time) and from there you’ll have to choose “wipe information manufacturing facility reset”.
- Additionally, in case Odin will get caught, you’ll have to: dispose of the USB cable, power restart your S4 (take off and re-insert the battery), shut Odin, re-set up the drivers and repeat the rooting process defined above.
That was once involved in now. The very best is that your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 on inventory / reputable Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMDL firmware is rooted. Subsequently that you could now set up a customized ROM tool to your software; keep shut for appropriate step-by-step publications and don’t overlook to share your expertise with us via the use of the feedback house from under.