Since Galaxy S4 was released along with the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware, more and more custom ROMs based on the latest Android system has been developed and offered for almost all the smartphones available out there. Anyway, now we have another custom software that has been launched for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 as the LiquidSmooth team had developed its new version of their platform, the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 powered LiquidSmooth (v2.4) custom ROM firmware. Check the following lines if you want to learn how to install the same on your galaxy S2 device.
Considering that we are dealing with a custom ROM, and not with an official release of the Android OS – this is not an OTA, or official update released by Samsung for your Galaxy S2 model number I9100 – you should be careful when applying the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 based LiquidSmooth custom ROM firmware. This is a complex tutorial and if you will mess things up (by completing things by yourselves without consulting the lines from the guide) you can end up in bricking your smartphone.
Now, by checking the following lines, you will be able to make a background view over the LiquidSmooth ROM, about its features and then you will be able to learn how to prepare your Galaxy S2 for the update process. Of course, finally, we will be checking on how to manually install the firmware on your handset.
LiquidSmooth, like any other custom software, will be coming with a custom version of the Android platform, in our case Jelly Bean 4.2.2. The firmware can be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 only manually and only by following a suitable guide, like the present one. Furthermore, the ROM will be coming with stock and extra features, apps and capabilities which means that your Galaxy S2 will be updated with a powerful system that will improve and upgrade the performances. That’s why, after completing this guide, your device will be optimized and customized, its battery life will be upgraded, the looks changed and personalized and the Android experience improved.
So, if you do want to test the Android 4.2.2 JB powered LiquidSmooth custom ROM on your SGS2, then first complete the pre requisites; else you will not be able to safely install the software on your Galaxy S2, so updating with the mentioned OS will be out of question.
Root your phone and install a custom recovery image into its system. You need to gain root access because a custom update can be flashed only on unlocked devices. The ROM will have to access some in-built programs and files and without rooting that will not be possible. Then, the custom recovery need to be installed because the stock one can’t be used when trying to apply unofficial updates. Do ensure that you are following suitable root guides for your Galaxy S2 as once you start to unchain the OS, the warranty will get void.
Also, don’t apply anything else without ensuring that the guide / apps have been developed especially for your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 – else you might end up in bricking your smartphone. Now, related to the warranty, you will be able to restore the same; all you need to do is to downgrade to stock Jelly Bean ROM, or to update with an official release of the Android system. Of course, then the LiquidSmooth ROM will be replaced with the default Jelly Bean firmware that is available for your Galaxy S2 and also the root access will be revoked.
It is important to know that when installing custom updates, a wipe is required so the system of your device will be restored to its initial state. This means that all of your personal data and saves will be erased, so you could lose important info. In order to avoid that, you need to backup the galaxy S2 data. So, use suitable backup and restore apps and save the EFS folder, market apps, contacts list, personal saves, accounts and everything else you might need. Furthermore, I personaly recommend you to backup the current ROM too – make a Nandroid backup – as if the LiquidSmooth ROM will not be on your taste, then you will be able to restore the stock firmware.
Don’t forget that you will need to use a computer as the ROM file has to be downloaded on the same first. And, in order to make sure that everything will go as planned, you need to: temporarily uninstall / deactivate the antivirus, Firewall or antimalware protection (you might have problems when trying to download the file) from your computer; charge your phone because you might risk in bricking its system if it will get turned off while you are installing the LiquidSmooth JB 4.2.2 OS; enable the USB debugging option on your Galaxy S2 because you will have to connect your phone with the computer; apply the next steps only for the SGS2 model number I9100 – the LiquidSmooth (v2.4) Adroid 4.2.2 OS will work only on the mentioned device.
- As we will manually flash the firmware, you first have to download the ROM on your computer – use the link from here.
- Then, you’ll have to position the tool to your smartphone.
- Word: don’t unzip the file in your PC.
- So, join your software with the pc by the use of USB cable.
- After which replica-paste or drag and drop the replace file from the pc to your telephone’s SD card.
- That you may unplug the USB twine now.
- Now, flip off your instrument as you wish to enter the restoration mode.
- The Galaxy S2 will also be booted into restoration mode by means of urgent and maintaining the Energy, Quantity Up and House buttons on the similar time.
- Through the usage of the restoration mode menu we can do the entire work; so to start with make a choice “wipe information manufacturing facility reset” and “wipe cache partition.
- Do word that the backup must be up to now achieved.
- Return to restoration: “+++return+++”.
- And through the usage of the menu make a choice “set up zip from sd card” adopted by means of make a selection zip from sd card”.
- Decide / choose the LiquidSmooth Jelly Bean four.2.2 firmware from the SD card.
- Flash the ROM in your SGS2.
- Wait whereas the instrument is being utilized and don’t press anything.
- In any case, it’s important to return to restoration ( “+++return+++”) and choose “reboot device now”.
- The primary boot will take longer than common, so don’t panic.
- Additionally, you should utilize the restoration mode menu for restoring the earlier ROM (for those who had made a Nandroid backup).
- Be aware: if one thing isn’t working correctly, or in case your tool will get caught in a boot loop, then reboot into restoration yet again and choose “wipe information manufacturing facility reset”.
Congratulations, you might have efficiently up to date the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to customized Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean OS because the LiquidSmooth customized ROM firmware has been put in. Due to this fact, check the instrument and notice the way it performs. In accordance to those that had already tried the OS, there aren’t any bugs or issues that aren’t working correctly, however should you do in finding concerns, share the identical with us and with different customers through the use of the feedback space from under.