Samsung just released a new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OTA update for the Galaxy Note N7000, so by using this guide you will be able to learn how to manually flash the new XXLT6 firmware on your phablet. This new JB software comes to resolve the bugs and issues reported by those who had applied the previous Android OS, the XXLT5 system therefore the present update is more stable and will smoothly run on your Galaxy Note; also the Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 user experience will be improved, so don’t hesitate and apply the latest stock ROM on your smartphone.
In order to make it all clear, here is what you need to know about the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLT6 firmware:
- The update has been OTA released by Samsung for the Galaxy Note model number N7000.
- Since this is the official launch of the Android JB OS, the software will be rolled out gradually or in phases so some users will receive the ROM sooner than others.
- Furthermore, the OTA can be applied only if your Note is running on a stock Android OS; if your device is rooted or installed with a custom ROM, then you will not be able to automatically flash the XXLT6 software.
- That’s why you will have to manually install the update; because of that you need to follow and complete the present tutorial which will easily take you through the flashing operation.
- The XXLT6 platform comes with a new and improved version of Jelly Bean 4.1.2; the update though is minor so don’t expect to receive important features, apps or capabilities.
- Basically, the system is coming to resolve the reported bugs and issues, so the battery drain and the camera issues (along with the other bugs) have been resolved.
So, now you know what’s with the new XXLT6 update. Well, if you want to manually apply the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note, then you will have to read some general aspects first and then you will have to prepare your phablet for the installation procedure that will shortly follow. In order to do so, you can anytime check the following list of tasks; read the same and complete the procedures mentioned below. Don’t skip any section from this guide because if you mess things up, your handset might get bricked.
- It’s important to know that this tutorial will work on both rooted and un-rooted handsets. But, if you have a rooted phablet, after completing the update operation, the root access will be revoked. This is happening because you are flashing an official Android OS and not a custom ROM.
- Because of the same aspects, if you are currently running on a custom ROM, or if you have a rooted device, now you will be able to restore the stock Jelly bean 4.1.2 firmware on your Galaxy Note and also you will be able to regain the lost warranty.
- Even though you are dealing with an official Android JB 4.1.2 update (the warranty of your device will not get void by applying the XXLT6 software) this guide is still complex and risky so be careful in what you do.
- Before starting to update your Note, first backup its / your data. In some cases, rare ones, the data which is being saved on the internal storage memory gets corrupted, or you need to wipe the system in order to make things right; so for avoiding the unpleasant situations, make sure you previously backup the EFS folder, internet settings, call logs, text messages, market apps, contacts list and everything else you might need afterwards.
- A Windows powered computer is being required; deactivate the security tools that are running on the same – these tools are interfering with the update operation.
- You will have to use your Note and its USB cable as you need to connect your handset with the computer.
- The USB debugging option from your smartphone must be enabled; go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and ensure the same.
- Also, your phone’s battery should be charged because if there is less than 60% power left, your device might get turned off in the middle of the installation procedure.
Now you also know how to prepare your Galaxy Note for the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT6 update. Anyway, flash the ROM only if you own the Samsung Galaxy Note model number N7000 because the steps from below will work only for the mentioned phablet; else you can end up in bricking your Android based smartphone / tablet.
- In order to succeed with this operation you need to: download the update file from here, download Samsung KIES and Odin.
- Store the entire recordsdata for your pc.
- Then, unzip the replace file, set up the Be aware drivers by means of the usage of Samsung KIES and extract and set up Odin for your pc.
- Run Odin.
- Flip off your phablet and enter it into obtain mode.
- The Galaxy Word can also be booted into obtain mode by way of urgent and maintaining the Energy, Extent Down and Dwelling buttons collectively.
- With the handset booted in obtain mode, join it along with your laptop – by the use of USB cable.
- Have a look on Odin as you want to discover the “brought” message and the ID:COM that’s yellow or blue.
- If totally different, you’ll have to disconnect the gadgets and to re-set up the drivers to your pc; then repeat the steps from the start unless the whole lot will work as defined.
- Up subsequent, you want to go to Odin; from there make a selection “PDA”.
- Make a choice the replace file out of your laptop; depart the Re-partition possibility unchecked and don’t make some other adjustments.
- Press the “begin” button and let the enjoyable start; the firmware will now be put in in your Word.
- Finally (when the “move” message will probably be displayed) you’ll simply must unplug the USB cable and reboot your tool.
If Odin will get caught:
- Shut Odin.
- Disconnect the phablet from the pc.
- Drive-restart your instrument.
- Use Samsung KIES and reinstall the Be aware drivers on the PC.
- Run Odin.
- Boot your smartphone into obtain mode.
- Join the gadgets the use of the USB twine.
- Practice the steps from above.
If the Observe will get caught in a boot loop:
- Reboot in restoration mode.
- The Word will also be booted into restoration mode via urgent and protecting the Energy, Quantity Up and House buttons on the comparable time.
- From restoration choose “wipe knowledge manufacturing unit reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Then make a selection “+++return+++” and “reboot machine now”.
- Your downside has been efficiently resolved.
Just right job, your Samsung Galaxy Notice N7000 has been efficiently up to date to authentic Android four.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLT6 firmware. Check the brand new device and spot the way it performs; don’t fail to remember to share your expertise and ideas with us – by using the usage of the feedback house from beneath.