CyanogenMod team continue to work on their CM 10.1 builds and it seems like they want to approach the release of the final version of this new ROM. Here you can find instructions on how to successfully install the CM 10.1 Release Candidate 5 for your Xperia Z device.
In order to successfully flash this new ROM, you will first need to read the preparation guide below. It will help you correctly setup your PC and the Sony Xperia Z for the installation process and allow you to complete all steps at your first attempt. Here’s what you need to know:
- use this tutorial only with the Sony Xperia Z device. Don’t attempt to update any other Android smartphones using the files that are listed in this post.
- the Xperia Z device that you’re about to update with CM 10.1 RC5 should be factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom Recovery image.
- I have used the CWM Recovery for this tutorial, but the TWRP Recovery version should work just fine. If you cannot complete the install with TWRP, then you can ask for extra help in comments.
- Make sure that your computer has the Sony USB drivers installed on it. If it doesn’t then you can download the Sony PC Companion from here and install them.
- After you install the USB drivers you should close and disable the Sony PC Companion program.
- enable the USB Debugging option from the Developer Options menu.
- use the custom Recovery Mode to create a full NANDROID backup of your current ROM before continuing to the tutorial. This will act as a restore point and you can use it in case something goes wrong and the phone doesn’t like the CM 10.1 RC5 ROM.
- the tutorial will ask you to wipe data and factory reset your device, which is why you will need to backup some of the data stored on the system partition.
- the installed apps will be removed but you can search for an App Backup tool using Google Play Store.
- if you want to backup SMS, Call Logs info or the APN Internet Settings, then you can use the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore Situation the file for your pc’s laptop.
- Join your Xperia Z together with your laptop the use of the USB knowledge cable.
- Transfer each recordsdata that you simply downloaded in steps 1 and a couple of, and location them for your smartphone’s inner SDcard. After you’ve copied efficiently all recordsdata, then you definately must disconnect the Xperia Z from PC.
- Energy off your smartphone utterly.
- Boot the software into CWM / TWRP Restoration mode. I’ve used CWM Restoration for this information, however the TWRP variant will do the work.
> booting into customized Restoration Mode for Xperia Z may also be completed for those who energy it off and, when the Red LED mild activates, press Extent Up button constantly except the Restoration Mode major menu seems.
- Make a choice ‘backup and repair’ to create a full NANDROID backup of your present ROM ahead of beginning the updating course of.
- Make a choice ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’ and ensure this course of.
> NOTE: keep in mind that you could skip this step provided that your tool is already wearing a earlier CM 10.1 construct.
- Make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’ after which ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’ choice.
- To find the ‘CM 10.1 RC5′ zip file and make sure its set up. This must take best a few minutes.
- Make a choice ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’ as soon as once more after which it is important to make a choice the Gapps zip for set up. Verify.
- When each information had been efficiently put in, you will have to return to the primary menu of Restoration Mode.
- Make a choice ‘reboot machine now’.
- Wait a number of minutes for the primary boot technique of CM 10.1 RC5 to finish.
- Enter your Google Account important points when the tool boots in standard mode, so that you just’ll take regulate over all its new OS instantly.
- Check all its options and inform us in feedback if the software works higher with CM 10.1 ROM or if it was once higher with the inventory Sony working device.
NOTE: in case the instrument doesn’t boot into commonplace after the ROM has put in and 10 minutes have handed or, in case the cellphone enters right into a boot loop, then you’ll be compelled to repeat the whole tutorial as soon as once more. The 2d time you shouldn’t skip the ‘manufacturing facility reset’ step as that may the for the reason that your Xperia doesn’t wish to boot with CM 10.1 RC5.
Customized ROMs would possibly now not all the time flash all of the required recordsdata at your first strive, which is why you could are attempting more than one occasions sooner than finishing the set up.
These had been all of the steps that you just needed to take and now that you may begin trying out and customizing all of the UI monitors of CM 10.1 Free up Candidate 5 ROM.
In the event you don’t like the brand new ROM, then that you can boot into Restoration Mode once more after which repair the NANDROID backup file that you simply created in step 7. For every other questions use the feedback box under.