Whereas virtually all of the excessive finish Android based totally handsets are receiving the most recent model of the Jelly Bean OS, the JB four.2.2 firmware, it appears LG had left apart its Optimus G because the Android four.2.2 OTA replace is nowhere to search out. However, happily for the LG Optimus G customers, the Avatar customized ROM has been liberate, so now we will be able to be checking on how one can set up the brand new JB four.2.2 primarily based device on the talked about phablet.
So, that you could discover ways to manually flash a customized replace for your Optimus G; due to this fact, understand as the current firmware is just not an OTA Jelly Bean four.2.2 OS liberate by way of LG or by means of Google on your smartphone. In truth, you’ll flash an unofficial port of the Android machine that means that this operation has nothing to do with the talked about corporations. In truth, the Avatar customized ROM has been developed and now provided by using these of xda-builders so we have now them to thanks for this tutorial.
On account of the talked about factors, you will have to recognize that this information is complicated and dangerous; if one thing dangerous occurs if you are looking to replace your Optimus G with the Avatar Jelly Bean four.2.2 firmware, then you are going to be by using yourselves – we shouldn’t be held chargeable for the problems that may happen. Anyway, don’t fear as if you’re going to learn and observe all my signals, then the whole thing will probably be high quality. Now, all the way through the next traces we can be checking methods to put together your handset for the flashing operation with a purpose to practice, so do be sure that you might be performing the pre requisites record of duties.
- The very first thing to understand is expounded to the guarantee: smartly, the guarantee will get void as you’ll have to full some unofficial operations in an effort to put together your phablet for the replace process.
- Don’t panic, because the guarantee will also be repair; you simply need to downgrade to inventory Android OS.
- So, begin to put together your handset by using finishing a root operation; the Android 4.2.2 based Avatar custom ROM can be installed only on a rooted LG Optimus G.
- Then, only after gaining root access, install CWM recovery, or any other custom recovery image, on your phablet. Unfortunately, the stock recovery that comes pre-installed on your Optimus G can’t be used when dealing with custom softwares.
- Backup the data that is saved on your phone’s internal storage memory because a wipe will be required.
- Backup the text messages, call logs, EFS, market apps, contacts list, calendar info, personal saves and account along with anything else you might need.
- Do note that you can use the new recovery tool for applying a Nandroid backup – in this way you can save the current Android OS, and restore the same if the Avatar firmware isn’t on your taste.
- This is a manual update method, so a computer or notebook along with your smartphone and with its USB cable will be required.
- In order to avoid the unpleasant situations, first of all on both computer and handset deactivate the security protection. The antivirus and antimalware programs might interfere with the flashing operation and we don’t want that to happen.
- Then, it is recommended to check the battery status of your device: if there is less than 60% power left it will be a good idea to plug in the charger before going any further.
- Also, remember to enable the USB debugging option from your phone before starting to apply the Avatar ROM, or else you won’t be able to properly connect your Optimus G with the computer.
- And finally, do remember that this step by step guide is compatible only with the mentioned phablet; don’t use the steps from below for installing the JB 4.2.2 powered Avatar software on a different or similar Android based device.
- Download the Avatar ROM from here.
- Also, download Google Apps – by using the link from here – because the package deal is just not integrated within the replace file.
- Retailer the information for your laptop first; don’t unzip the downloaded recordsdata.
- Then, join your telephone with the PC; use the USB cable for organising the connection.
- Switch the downloaded information from the pc to your cellphone’s SD card – coy paste or drag and drop the replace file and the Google Apps package deal.
- Disconnect the units; the pc is now not required.
- Flip off your phablet.
- Reboot by way of urgent the Quantity Down button two occasions sooner than urgent on the Energy button.
- On this manner it is possible for you to in addition into restoration mode.
- From restoration choose “wipe knowledge manufacturing facility reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to major menu and make a choice “set up zip from sd card” and “make a selection zip from sd card”.
- Choose the replace file and follow the identical.
- When the set up process is over, repeat the step and flash the Google Apps bundle.
- After all, return to restoration menu and make a choice “reboot machine now”.
- In case your Optimus G will get caught in a boot loop, reboot into restoration and wipe the machine all over again (simply as confirmed above); then reboot into Avatar ROM.
- Additionally, you should use the restoration menu for restoring the earlier Android OS – when you’ve got up to now made a Nandroid backup.
Excellent job; the educational has been efficiently achieved this means that that now your LG Optimus G is being powered by way of the Avatar customized ROM firmware. So, a customized model of the Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean OS is operating in your instrument; simply take a look at the identical in an effort to see how the tool works in your handset after which share your impressions and ideas with us and with different customers as smartly.