Holy crap, that image goes to get hectic after a pair seconds. However I do not care. It sums up Thursday evening’s Discuss Cell 2013 Launch Birthday celebration lovely succinctly. (And it can be an ideal instance of the Google+ “Auto Superior” animated gif characteristic.)
A excellent 600 or so of our closest smartphone chums, from all structures and all walks of lifestyles, at somewhat membership off Instances Sq.. An legit recap video is within the works, I hear, however some fast ideas for now:
- Inquire from me what my favourite a part of this job is, and you could come away shocked. It is no longer the devices. It can be no longer the trip. It is now not even the superior chums I most effective get to peer a couple of times a 12 months. No, getting the hell out of the place of work (whether or not it can be in my home or a convention room or no matter) and assembly all you people is what makes this all price it. It is the very best reminder that we do not write in a vacuum.
- The final consensus on the celebration used to be that the majority people there rocked Android telephones, and that a just right selection of them have been BlackBerry converts. No nice shock, I feel, and BlackBerry’s sponsorship of Speak Cell makes much more experience whilst you take into consideration it that method.
- That almost definitely additionally explains why other people appear to be extra eager about the Q10 than the Z10.
- Spot the dude within the image sporting Google Glass? He and Geek.com’s Russell Holly had been rock stars in their very own proper Thursday night time.
- Now not on a regular basis my scene, however Mia Moretti and Caitlin Moe — aka The Dolls — kicked some serious ass Thursday.
- Was having dinner Wednesday night with John P, Cali Lewis and Simon Sage when what do I spy with my little eye? It’s Lloyd in the giant LG ad in Times Square. I might or might not have sqee’d a little.
- Speaking of blatant name-dropping, I briefly got to meet heavyweight champ Evander Holyfield on the flight from Atlanta to New York. Very gracious dude to take pics with anyone who asked. (At least while I was there.) Told me the last time he was able to walk around unnoticed was 1983.
- And very cool to meet WCBS’ Lynda Lopez at the party Thursday night through another mutual radio friend. (Lynda, if you don’t know, is the younger sister of this Lopez.)
But like I said, the coolest part of the event is meeting folks like eggylabs, derpingbear and supermario88, and e_kathy23 and Patrick Hill, and everybody else who took trip of their week to return say hello. Thanks for being there. And thanks for studying.
Speak Cell takes the week off this week as we prep the subsequent spherical of content material and restoration a number of hiccups. (Plus we do not want somebody to burn out.) “Week 2” as we name it internally takes a special center of attention, as neatly the eight weeks thereafter. It can be been a blast seeing a whole bunch of feedback from all of our websites in a single location. Can not wait to get Week 2 out the door.
So, again to work we go.