A new Jelly Bean firmware update has been release for the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Using this tutorial will teach you how to successfully flash all the required files in order to update your tablet.
This new firmware update has been built in May 2013. It packs all the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean features and functions. In order to successfully flash the XXCMD2 Jelly Bean OTA Update manually for your Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, then you should first read the guidelines below:
- this is a tutorial that will work only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 model number N8000. Don’t try to flash this Jelly Bean update on any other Android device.
- your tablet has to be factory unlocked and not locked on a particular carrier.
- in case your tablet is rooted and a custom Recovery is installed on it, then all these will be revoked, the device will be restored to stock Android 4.1.2 JB firmware.
- backup all the data files that are currently stored on your tablet’s storage partition.
- make sure that your PC has the Samsung USB Drivers installed on it, as otherwise you won’t be able to connect the tablet with it.
- make sure that the Samsung KIES and any antivirus programs that are currently installed on your computer. These security programs might prevent you from completing the update files.
- enable USB Debugging from the Developer Options menu.
- make sure that there is enough power left in the tablet’s battery, so that the device won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- this guide is for advanced Android users and it would be best for you not to use it in case you don’t know how to use ODIN, the program needed in order to flash the XXCMD2 firmware files for the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet.
- you shouldn’t held us responsible in case you brick your tablet or you lose any important files in the process.
- read the entire post and don’t skip any steps that are listed below.
Now that you’ve read all of the above, continue to the next part of this guide and learn how to flash a stock Jelly Bean OTA Update for your tablet. If you cannot complete the update, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
- Download the N8000XXCMD2 zip from HERE. Save it on your computer.
- Extract the zip content and you’ll get a single file named ‘N8000XXCMD2_N8000MOTCME1_MOT.tar.md5‘. Don’t extract any further than that and save the file on your computer.
- Download ODIN3 v3.07 from HERE. After the obtain is full, extract the zip contents and location them right into a single folder to your PC.
- Energy off your pill totally.
- Boot the pill into Obtain Mode by means of urgent and conserving Quantity Down and Energy buttons concurrently. When an Android emblem seems it is important to liberate the buttons after which press Extent As much as boot your Word 10.1 pill into Obtain Mode.
- Open the Odin three.07 exe for your laptop.
- Subsequent, join the pill to your laptop the use of the USB information cable.
> Odin will have to say that the pill has been ‘delivered!!’ and that you could proceed to the next move.
> in case Odin doesn’t acknowledge your instrument, then which you could make a selection to plug it in a unique USB port or re-set up the Samsung USB Drivers. A obtain hyperlink for the USB drivers is listed within the guidance information above.
- Now, click on the ‘PDA’ choice in ODIN.
- To find the N8000XXCMD2_N8000MOTCME1_MOT.tar.md5 file and cargo it.
> ensure that the choice named Re-Partition is just not enabled. Whether it is then I strongly recommend you to disable it, as in any other case it’ll mess up your pill interior storage and it will brick the running machine.
> don’t exchange some other default ODIN settings.
- When prepared, press the START button to start the set up of XXCMD2 Jelly Bean OTA Replace to your Galaxy Be aware 10.1 N8000 instrument.
- In spite of everything recordsdata are put in with success, the pill will reboot and that you may disconnect it out of your pc.
- Enter your Google account important points and take keep an eye on over Galaxy Word 10.1 and its new up to date machine.
These have been the entire steps that you just needed to take to be able to efficiently replace your tool with the newest Jelly Bean four.1.2 firmware. To substantiate that every one recordsdata been put in as it should be, open Settings after which About Cellphone menu. Check that the construct quantity is XXCMD2.
This can be a inventory firmware and it isn’t rooted, this means that that if your pill was once in the past rooted, then this was once revoked together with any customized Restoration photography it’s possible you’ll’ve had put in on it previous to the set up of this new ROM.
In case ODIN didn’t full the set up, then you definately will have to attempt to repeat the educational as soon as once more. Then again, that you would be able to ask for added assist in feedback.
If ODIN says that that the method was once achieved however, the telephone is unable to head earlier the Samsung boot animation or it enters right into a boot loop, then you’ll be pressured to energy off the pill. Boot the pill in Restoration Mode and practice a ‘manufacturing facility reset’ to power it in addition into customary mode.