The last build of CM10.1 has been released and now more and more devices are getting support for the new RC4 JB 4.2.2 custom ROM firmware. Furthermore, the platform had just been made available for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G and during the following guide we will be checking on how to update your phone to Android 4.2.2 OS by flashing the CM10.1 RC4 software. So, if you want to learn how to prepare your smartphone for the installation procedure and then how to easily apply the ROM on your SGS2, just take a look over the lines from below.
As mentioned, this is the latest version of CM10.1, the RC4 firmware being based on stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. The ROM is coming with no bugs and with important features, apps and capabilities that can be easily used for improving the Galaxy S2 I9100G performances. Your phone will be customized and optimized so that you can receive more power, improved speeds, upgraded battery life and a better and smooth Android experience. If you want all that and even more, do apply the CM10.1 RC4 JB 4.2.2 software on your SGS2.
But the most important aspects when talking about custom updates are referring to the following:
- CM10.1 RC4 is a custom ROM, so don’t expect to flash an official version of the Android Jelly Bean system on your Galaxy S2.
- The firmware has been developed and offered by the CM team, which means that third party devs are “responsible” for the same; so we have them to thanks for this step by step guide.
- So, in order to conclude you will apply an unofficial port of the Jelly Bean system on your handset.
- Because of that, you first have to perform some complex operations (we will talk about this a little bit later) for preparing your device and its warranty will get void.
- If you somehow manage to mess things up, you will be by yourselves; we shouldn’t be held responsible if somehow something bad happens with your phone while you are trying to update its system.
- Anyway, the warranty can be restored: you need to downgrade to stock Android OS, or to un-root your Galaxy S2; then all the factory restrictions along with the warranty will be restored.
Now, you know everything that’s related to the present operation. Further on, you should continue this guide by performing the pre requisites. In this way you can easily prepare all the things that are being required for the update procedure. In order to help you out I have mentioned and explained the pre requisites during a dedicated list, which can be checked out below.
- You need to root your Galaxy S2 I9100G because CM10.1 can be installed only on an unchained device. Use a suitable root procedure for your phone as at this point the warranty will get void.
- After gaining root access install a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery, on your handset. Do this or else you will not be able to apply the ROM on your phone; when dealing with custom updates, the stock recovery can’t be used, so you need to replace the same with a custom tool.
- Take note that CWM recovery can be installed only on rooted devices.
- Then, backup the Galaxy S2 data because a wipe will be required. Ensure that you are saving all that is important like contacts list, personal info and accounts, market apps, text messages, calendar saves, EFS folder and so on.
- If you want, you can also save the current ROM – if something wrong happens or if you will not like CM10.1 RC4, then you will be able to restore the stock Android Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S2 – you can do this by making a Nandroid backup.
- A computer or notebook will be needed; your phone and its USB cord must be near you.
- On both computer and smartphone remove / uninstall / deactivate the security tools because these programs might interfere with our work.
- Charge the battery of your phone (if there is less than 60% power left); you can brick it, if the device gets turned off while you are trying to update its system.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your S2 or else you won’t be able to properly connect it with the computer.
- Do note that this step by step guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100G; use the next steps only if you own the mentioned device.
- Download the firmware file from here.
- Also, download the Google Apps package from here.
- Retailer the recordsdata for your laptop.
- Don’t unzip the downloaded information.
- Join the tool with the PC by way of USB cable as you want to switch the recordsdata.
- Choose the firmware and the Google apps package deal and duplicate-paste it from the pc to your telephone’s SD card.
- Put off the USB twine and switch off your S2.
- Reboot your telephone whereas urgent on the Energy, Quantity Up and House buttons on the comparable time and for a couple of seconds.
- On this approach which you could reboot into restoration mode.
- Via the usage of the restoration mode, begin the replace operation by using wiping the machine; you are able to do this by means of picking “wipe knowledge manufacturing unit reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Make a choice “+++return+++” and return to the principle menu.
- From there now make a selection “set up zip from sd card” adopted by means of “make a choice zip from SD card”.
- Decide the replace file; flash the ROM.
- Do the identical and decide the Google Apps package deal; set up the file for your cellphone.
- In spite of everything, return to major menu of restoration and choose “reboot device now” and you’re excellent to move.
That’s all; your work is finished because the step-by-step information has been accomplished. You now recognize replace the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G to Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. Your SGS2 is operating on CM10.1 RC4 firmware, so it’ll be a good suggestion to check the device earlier than figuring out whether or not to maintain it or now not. Additionally, share your impressions and ideas with us as a comments is all the time welcomed.